Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Suited Connectors

Does playing suited connectors really open up your game? You would think that you'd be drawing out a lot and getting rid of a lot of big bets. I play a tight game, but could playing suited connectors be the difference between struggling at the bottom to possibly gaining ground at the top?

What are your opinions on playing suited connectors?
Old 12-08-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Suited Connectors

Kind of vague post, but suited connectors feel most at home in loose games. That doesn't mean sooted connects shouldn't be played in a tight game. Theres spot where you can jam them in. Recently I've started limping JTs, QTs, QJs UTG and UTG+1 in tight games.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kind of vague post, but suited connectors feel most at home in loose games. That doesn't mean sooted connects shouldn't be played in a tight game. Theres spot where you can jam them in. Recently I've started limping JTs, QTs, QJs UTG and UTG+1 in tight games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I posted this in the wrong forum. I meant to post it in No-Limit as I play Online NL tournaments.

Sorry.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:18 AM

well to answer you question for no limit tourneys... if i play them it is very position dependent...

early in tourneys the pot has to be multiway for a very reasonable price and i'd have to be on button or 1 (at most 2) off in a pretty passive atmosphere...

if i'm the first one in the pot in lp, i'll bring them in for an attempted blind steal now and again knowing i have the initiative post flop if i get called... and if i hit big time, it will be disguised quite well...

as i'm sure you well know, you don't have a bankroll in tourneys, so the environment being passive is a huge key in whether i decide to play them or not