Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2004, 06:23 AM

Default WinHoldemSupport and ethics...or complete lack thereof....

WinHoldemSupport,

Have you ever read the rules of poker? If so, how can you possibly think that the "team version" of your software is even close to "legal" or even arguably ethical? I can rob a bank to get money, or shoot someone, or rob an old lady, but that still breaks the law. You team stuff breaks the laws of poker, and the agreements with the sites. Anyone who uses this can and will run risk of being banned, having their money taken, and if it were a perfect world, their knees broken. But alas, amoral people like you will never get it...and so it is a wasted argument.

The bot...yeah , great...bring it on. It will never do that well at all, until it can read opponents, keep data on them, adjust to game conditions, and not somehow avoid being flagged by the site where it is being used. This used to be an issue on the ICC (Internet Chess Club), but they have dealt with this, and I have no doubt that the poker sites will also be able to deal with your program and any others like it. Again, people are going to run the risk of having their money taken etc etc etc...I would LOVE for the sites to detect the bot, and rather than ban it...send bogus cards to the user, or the wrong cards, and cause the program to totally play wrong, or crash...but, just banning would work for me too.

Poker is a game of people...sometimes it is played over the web. The fact that you now think that Poker Tracker etc are equal to YOUR PROGRAM WHEN USED is asinine. Poker Tracker does NOT help you during a game. DOES NOT play for you. DOES NOT calculate real-time odds for you...need I go on? Again, your lack of morals and ethics shines through again.

I personally judge you as a horrible human being for the way you think. I don't care that this is Hold'em, or a stupid card game...your logic, and your thoughts are of the criminal nature. I personally do not like you, though I have never met you. And yes, I can judge you by your actions...and your actions. Take your relativist ideals and amoral convictions and leave.

Thanks,
MrGrob [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 11:18 AM

Default winholdem supportbot reply

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever read the rules of poker? If so, how can you possibly think that the "team version" of your software is even close to "legal" or even arguably ethical?

[/ QUOTE ]

in the classic form of poker, playing as a team is not allowed. however we challenge you to prove that the classic form of poker exists 100% anywhere on the internet. you will never know when you are up against a team of players, so you never know when you are playing the classic form of poker and when you are playing the online team form of poker. all we do is make it easier for you to level the playing field... blah blah blah, more rambling bullsh[/b]it

There, now that I've proven I can respond to posts just as well as winfoldem can, maybe he'll go away and not bother us anymore...
Old 03-31-2004, 11:40 PM

Default Re: winholdem supportbot reply

at least your reply comes with a smiley face on the title...