Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 05:40 PM

Default PokerStars. Signing up for the wrong tournament or SnG?

My online poker activity amounts to no more than casual gaming at low limit NL Holdem SnGs on PokerStars. That's my idea of fun! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. However, I have a small complaint which probably boils down to me being inexperienced at this.
I have more than once registered for the wrong SnG. E.g. signing up for Omaha or fixed limit instead of NL. I never find out before the first hand is dealt.
I know I can be more observant but are there anyone doing the same mistakes as I do? I tend to think that the software is a bit poor in that respect. Are there better sites out there wrt interface?
Are there any way of configuring the PokerStars client? I havn't found any...

(By the way, Omaha Hi/Low is actually quite entertaining [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
Old 11-15-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: PokerStars. Signing up for the wrong tournament or SnG?

Actually, Poker Stars has some of the best software on the net, but I am sure we all at some point sign up for the wrong tourney by mistake.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:51 PM

I played 10 minutes on a 7-stud HI/LO SNG that I thought was regular stud (insert laughter here) before I had to split a pot and realized I was a doof. The good part was, as usual, I was very lucky and took second...... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 07:26 PM

This is how I discovered that I like playin O8. Luckily for me it only cost me $1 in a mtt to learn my lesson. But I remember when the game started and those cards went to flying I was thinking stars software had done gone bonkers.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:31 PM

Don't you guys look at the game and limit, not just the buy-in when you click on a tourney?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:33 PM

i used to like playing limit tourneys, and they were full of people saying "wtf i didn't know this was limit" and then blinding out.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:01 PM

When Lee Jones (who works for Stars) was on here, he said that they are currently working on redesigning the tournament lobby becuase a lot of people have copmlained it is hard to find the tourneys you are interested in. Hopefully that will help.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:02 AM

Luckily, this happened just once to me. I always wanted to try out Omaha anyway. Because i did not know anything about it's rules and even less about strategy I decided to go all-in every hand. Funnily enogh, I went out last place.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:24 AM

You can sort the list by buyin/game type etc (click on the column headers), but that isn't massively useful. As pointed out above, a Lobby redesign is in the pipeline...

If it happens as a one off, it might be worth mailing support and saying you joined by mistake.

This is how I learnt Stud - entered a $10 SNG on Party (I can't play on PS, obviously), realised it was Stud and I was blind, won, then won my next 6 in a row. That was fun, nobody knew tournament strategy from what I could see. Plus I got enormously lucky.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:10 AM

I played half an hour (ok maybe 20 minutes) of $200 PL Omaha thinking it was PL O8, I was up about $10 as well. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]