Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: How widespread is cheating?

Sites funded entirely by Western Union or player to player transfers should be monitored closely in my opinon. If that account never makes a withdrawal after playing in cash games alot, that should also be a warning sign. They should then find out who that account loses most of their money to, or does a p2p transfer to. That would lead eventually to the main account the cheater uses to withdraw from.

Also, pay attention to accounts that are initially funded by free roll winnings. That is another easy way for fake accounts to get money into them without making a deposit.

You see, if they are using a friends name who lives in Tahiti to create an account under, then when it comes time to withdraw from that account they have no real valid way to do it. So they have to either dump the chips, which I know is done, but that leaves a trail. Or they can p2p transfer, which leaves another huge trail.

I think the last thing they want to do is have to create a withdrawing method set up in that fake accounts name, then try to keep it straight with the relative or friend who's information they are using. So they have to move their multiple account winnings ultimately to the one main real person account in the end through other methods. So the sites, with enough resources for security, could find some trails if they can catch a sniff of impropriety. That would take some man hours though I would guess.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know now how easy it is to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Easy in theory, but very, very risky.

First thing the "it's easy to cheat" people don't realize is that some sites automatically check that a table doesn't have more than one player from the same IP address. They may not check every game, but when they do, bye-bye money.

And you've seen how many posts there are from people who THINK there was collusion even when there wasn't? Imagine those same people e-mailing Party or Stars when they get "sandwiched." Those sites employ people to specifically look for cheating, and software that looks for consistent patterns.

And since cheaters tend also to be dumbasses, most will likely be caught before they have a chance to figure out how to make it work.

Edit: Just thought of the possibility that OP was trying to parody newbie "my friend showed me how to cheat" posts. If so, add humor next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, absolutely serious here. You think like I use to think about it.

As far as playing from the same IP address, he doesn't. 10 different real people accounts, from ten different IP addresses from all over the country and some outside the country, played from many different computers.

I've watched him in action, trust me when I say it's not easy to catch these types.

As far as the win 6 sng's in a row promotion, he rotates his 10 aliases in and out of games so no two play more than a few of them together during the 6 game stretch.

I seriously think its a huge problem. I just have no real idea how pervasive it really is. The cheater says many people do it. I hope not. But I'd imagine so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd really like the details. just to understand how it is done.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:34 AM

TCP/IP Tunneling.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:44 AM

I just wanted to let you all know that I printed out this thread so I could take a crap on it.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:45 AM

It is truly wonderful you have this great information and you can share your all powerful knowledge of the online cheating world with us. You are awesome.

You should report this guy ASAP. I don't care if it won't matter you should do it out of respect for all poker players. Cheating is bad for business for all players who are playing in these games fairly. I don't see how you could have any respect for this guy let alone talk to him again if you are an honest player.

Do the right thing, report this guy and never talk to him again. He is nothing more than a thief. What he does and holding up a 711 are no different in principle.

Get some honor, report this guy and never talk to him again.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:45 AM

A last word from me: what this person is doing is committing wire fraud, which is against the laws of most civilized countries.

And I would expect that at the point where your friend has won $75,000 from Noble Poker this way, legal authorities may be inspired to get involved. Interpol, FBI, IRS...we're talking about non-trivial sums of money now. We're talking time in the pound-you-in-the-ass prison.

This is serious stuff, and if I were your friend, I'd be looking over my shoulder.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

In fact, as you've admitted to seeing him work, you could be charged as an accessory.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A last word from me: what this person is doing is committing wire fraud, which is against the laws of most civilized countries.

And I would expect that at the point where your friend has won $75,000 from Noble Poker this way, legal authorities may be inspired to get involved. Interpol, FBI, IRS...we're talking about non-trivial sums of money now.

This is serious stuff, and if I were your friend, I'd be looking over my shoulder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope he gets hit by a [censored] bus and dies tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, as you've admitted to seeing him work, you could be charged as an accessory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny. I'll be sure to get a lawyer tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sites funded entirely by Western Union or player to player transfers should be monitored closely in my opinon. If that account never makes a withdrawal after playing in cash games alot, that should also be a warning sign. They should then find out who that account loses most of their money to, or does a p2p transfer to. That would lead eventually to the main account the cheater uses to withdraw from.

Also, pay attention to accounts that are initially funded by free roll winnings. That is another easy way for fake accounts to get money into them without making a deposit.

You see, if they are using a friends name who lives in Tahiti to create an account under, then when it comes time to withdraw from that account they have no real valid way to do it. So they have to either dump the chips, which I know is done, but that leaves a trail. Or they can p2p transfer, which leaves another huge trail.

I think the last thing they want to do is have to create a withdrawing method set up in that fake accounts name, then try to keep it straight with the relative or friend who's information they are using. So they have to move their multiple account winnings ultimately to the one main real person account in the end through other methods. So the sites, with enough resources for security, could find some trails if they can catch a sniff of impropriety. That would take some man hours though I would guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a major pain in the ass. Not to mention the high chance of getting caught with all the paper trails leading back to a small # of accts. I'll wish balls cancer on this turd, but I don't really care.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And I would expect that at the point where your friend has won $75,000 from Noble Poker this way, legal authorities may be inspired to get involved. Interpol, FBI, IRS...we're talking about non-trivial sums of money now. We're talking time in the pound-you-in-the-ass prison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget. If he is in the US (as most of us are) he is comiting a crime in the first place.

I know in NV it is a felony to gamble on-line.