Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Criticize me please

OK, so here i am in my first WSOP ME. I waded through 2 days worth of people, playing fairly tight...but aggressive when i got involved in a pot, trying to not get puched around. We were in the 1200-2400 bilnds with 400 Ante. The Bubble had burst, and I was guarnteed 16K. I had about 65K in chips, which was not great at the time, but I was there were a lot smaller stacks left. I had one of the overall chip leaders directly to my right, and he had been bullying around the table non stop. Any hand I entered, it seemed it would get back to him and he would raise. So the following hand comes up.

I am dealt 10 10 UTG. I think this is where I made my first mistake. The entire tourney I made sure to only play hands in posistion...However the table had been fairly tight other than the chip leader, and any pot at this point is worth at least 7K or so. I raise to 8,000. It folds around to the chip leader in the BB, who once again annouces a raise. I immediately think he is bullying me again with either 2 big cards, or a smaller pair and push all in....Why i didnt take my time...Im not sure. I think i thought to myself, that I had enough of this guy. He of course calls, and flips over KK. The rest is history. I definately cost mysefl a couple of thousand, as I went out 402...2 away from another bump. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Criticize me please

I would limp and call a small raise, fold to a big raise. Limping UTG is my standard line for JJ and smaller pairs.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:27 PM

What was your first mistake? Raising TT UTG is fine. I would fold to his re-raise, how often have you opened pots UTG? I would suspect that the bully realized that you played tight in EP and thought that you would think he was pushing you around when infact he had a big hand
Old 07-14-2005, 04:37 PM

Gotta get to that second level of thinking sir. Unless he's an unaware donk, he knows you have played tight and with position. Therefore if you know that he knows that, odds are pretty good that he's playing a hand that dominates you.

Nick
Old 07-14-2005, 04:54 PM

I definately know that I made a mistake...although somehow I talked myself into thinking it wasnt the worst play in the world. The comments about him percieving me as a tight player, and making a raise in early position is what I needed. I should have recognized that he took my position in account....and still re raised. Thanks guys. It makes perfect sense now. I gues 40 someodd hours of ME poked finall y cracked me..

It felt good to cash, but damn...I wanted to get deep.