Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2004, 06:45 AM

Default I know nothing about REBUY TOURNEYS...is this a \"standard format\"?

BUY IN: $50 / $10 REBUYS

$40 to the "POT" and $10 to a player's card?! After the REBUY period, if you knock someone out of the tourney, you get their player card. You get $10 for every player card you have at the end of the tourney.

Now, if the REBUY is $10, do you get the 1/5 the amount of chips you would for the $50 BUY IN?

I don't even know anything about how rebuys work, and this is a tourney being held at someone's house here. I just don't know how standard or weird it is, or what shadiness this format can bring etc.

Any ideas as to what this is like compared to the norm?

Thanks so much!
Old 02-11-2004, 10:13 AM

Default Re: I know nothing about REBUY TOURNEYS...is this a \"standard format\"?

Dude, how are we going to have any clue what some guy is going to do at a private home game? Ask the host. Even if we tell you what we're used to seeing, that doesn't mean that your host is doing anything at all like it.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 02-11-2004, 02:33 PM

Default Re: I know nothing about REBUY TOURNEYS...is this a \"standard format\"?

Typically, the rebuy is for at least the same amount of starting chips, but like Greg said...who knows what they'll do at Joe Bob's home tourney.

Old 02-12-2004, 06:32 AM

Default Re: So I take it that this is a weird \"home game\" setup!

Cool. Given the two replies, I guess this is a "home game" setup and does not resemble anything you would find in a real tourney. That is what I figured. That is mainly what I looking for. Thanks!

And, I don't know the host at all, so I can't really ask. I was just invited, but after I saw all this player card stuff etc, I was thinking I would avoid this thing.

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 12:02 PM

Well, everyone's going to be working hard to find excuses to try and knock each other out after the rebuys, so then you might need to fly low on the radar until you snag a biggie, cos you're likely to get good action. I'd say get ready for a wild and woolly game. The player card thing sounds like it may generate some hairy action - so long as the players are up for it.

Ask the host about the specific rules but, if I trusted 'em, I think I'd play in that.

jmho
G