Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: AK = Annoying Kards

[ QUOTE ]

It takes a stronger hand than the minimum hand of his range for opening in his position to call an opening raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 10-29-2005, 05:52 AM

We were talking about the caller here sherlock. You said he must have a great hand and AK wasn't one of them. I said he could have a lot of hands and had position. This is pretty standard. I do not have position in the SB, which is why I push. Jeez.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:33 AM

well said
Old 10-29-2005, 03:44 PM

Wow, a post of mine actually got some replies, and even started a small flame war. Some people are saying call and some are saying push, which makes me think that both options are reasonable. Obviously, with less chips I autopush this.

I still think I'm leaning towards pushing this next time (I'm sure I was being results oriented before), but I will at least consider a flat call. This discussion has made me think that I should be pushing with air here much more often than I actually do.

By the way, I wasn't worried about the coldcaller. If it was someone I recognized as a good player, I would consider him having a huge hand, but this guy was coldcalling a fair amount, so I was only worried about the pfr (and wasn't really that worried about him until he called).
Old 10-30-2005, 05:48 AM

My first advice: Don't fold.

I probably call here. That way you might push them off small pairs even if you miss. If you push you probably fold worse aces that you can get some chips out of if an A comes. You're a dog to TT-QQ, so I'd rather see how things shape up before I get my chips in. Oh, and btw, in a 5.5 rebuy, a push may get called by AT-AQ, KQ, and 88.

My final advice: Don't fold.

Will
Old 10-30-2005, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We were talking about the caller here sherlock. You said he must have a great hand and AK wasn't one of them. I said he could have a lot of hands and had position. This is pretty standard. I do not have position in the SB, which is why I push. Jeez.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said, or should have said, there has to be a big hand here and MY--get it?--MY AK in the SB calling a large raise and call is not one of them. Perhaps it was the way I said it, or that you're in the 3rd grade and have not been tested for reading comprehension that caused your confusion.

There was no call for you to get your panties wadded up over this. However, if you want to meet behind the cafeteria after lunch or during recess, I'm sure the other elementary school children would be delighted. I'm sorry you misunderstood me. Once you get into junior high, these things will become second nature to you.

CJ
Old 10-30-2005, 09:19 AM

That is rich coming from you.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:50 AM

agree, don't fold. see the flop and judge accordingly