Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: TT - Did I misplay anywhere here?

Ok. I'll just ask then. Is anyone not raising this flop or folding this turn? Anyone raising the turn?
Old 02-28-2005, 01:30 AM

No one?
Old 02-28-2005, 03:26 AM

This hand is so strange postflop, I'm sitting here scratching my head. I'd really like an answer here too. At first I'd be folding on the turn, but I'd like somebody smrt to answer. Preflop is an easy cap, I don't know what everybody else is talking about.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:45 AM

I like calling the flop then Raising the turn( really good card for you) and folding to a 3-bet on the turn. Maybe checking through on the river if your turn raise gets 2 callers or something strange. I think you have the best hand when the second king comes. The flop raise doesn't get anyone out they still are getting a good price to call and probably figure you would raise with whatever you have.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:46 AM

The thing is, MP1 comes out of the blue on the flop betting out. And him with a mediocre kicker, he could be a little worried by the raise on the flop, and then when the turn comes another K, he doesn't peg hero onto the 4th K.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:52 AM

Initially I thought "gee I hate capping out of position", until I realized you were the button : )

Capping is fine, PROVIDED you play good to great postflop. I am not one to make that assessment.

For what it's worth, MP2's turn bet looks like QQ or JJ (AA even) to me, but you'll see AK play that like that as well.
Given the size of the pot call down is what I choose, which is bad, because I can't see myself being ahead, and I also can't see myself folding. He can't even have 99 here which the normal type of hand I can beat I put my opponent on.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:16 PM

Pre flop with tens is a good raise but I dont like the cap but with the amount of players good value in that bet.

Flop- I dont like the raise you should consider folding. I beleive your getting 9-1 on the pot and 23-1 on spiking a ten on the turn or the river. You do have a runner runner straight draw but unless you hit a 6 and 7 on the turn and river I think your beat and if you spike a ten on the turn that opens up alot of straight draws. I think you should fold here.

Turn- Once this King hits you should run really fast. There are 3 in this pot. MP1 not capping the turn is strange but could be a weak king. Seeing you raise the turn has scared him a bit.

River- Dont let the MP1 not re raising throw you off here. I would have folded the flop or turn.

Let me guess you won this hand. Do not let this justify your play here. You should have folded on the flop or the turn.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:06 PM

I don't agree with that at all. I like the call down here, and would expect to win this hand way more often than required to make it +EV. The turn K is a great card, not at all something you should run from.

Nice hand all around if you ask me.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:08 PM

a three bet out of the big blind is usually a big hand. I think he is beat here and should have folded.
I dont think this is a good play. Never mind another king what about pocket Qs or Jacks or Aces.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a three bet out of the big blind is usually a big hand. I think he is beat here and should have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

His 3-bet is specifically why I raised the flop: The pot is large, so I think it would be a mistake to let it go on the flop. If I put him to 2 bets and he's got QQ or JJ, he's almost definitely folding. If he continues, I can be very, very certain he's got AA, KK or AK, and not put another bet in.

MP could be betting with a great deal of things on that flop, TJ, 78, A9, and of course a king. The pot is so large though, that I thought I wanted to get it HU with MP if I could, and then call down from there.