Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 01:21 AM

Default % hands played pre flop?

I'm sure this has been gone over before, but I've tried to search for it and I must not be good at using the search engine. I've become primarily a tourney player, both MTT and SNGs, but I like to try and use cash games to pad my bankroll while playing tourneys. I usually stick to 25NL and 50NL while playing cash games, and I wonder if my %of hands played during tourneys should vary that much from cash games. I feel comfortable folding 80% of the time during tourneys, and still being able to bluff and pushbot to generate good finishes. I've become MUCH LESS results oriented, but I feel like seeing 30%+ of my flops in cash games has made me too LAGgy. I'm not as comfortable playing LAG, although I'm confident in my post flop play. Any suggestions, thoughts, comments, ideas?

thanks, Jay
Old 12-10-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: % hands played pre flop?

a nit like me has a VPIP of 17% at 6max, and "lovin it"...
Old 12-10-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: % hands played pre flop?

thanks stu, that's good to hear, even at 6max. I've toyed with moving to 6max because I think I ould do well there, and if I can feel confident at VPIP at %20 in full ring games, I feel good about that.

Anyone else?