Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 03:09 PM

Default Bong, please stop posting

davidross had a lot to offer - he was intelligent, knew how to write and took us on a thoughtful journey.
You, Bong, are full of juvenile hot air and arrogance and are doing nothing but pumping up your ego. Even better, you're a bad poker player - too loose & aggressive preflop, totally inadequate postflop. You're on my buddy list, buddy.
As for your goals - I only started playing NL25(6max) 6 weeks ago and am up over $2000 and I'm the first to say I'm mediocre (but patient). I'd rather lurk & learn from those better than me then spout nonsense. I suggest you do the same.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Bong, please stop posting

"You, Bong, are full of juvenile hot air and arrogance and are doing nothing but pumping up your ego."

"I only started playing NL25(6max) 6 weeks ago and am up over $2000"

uhh. keep lurking
Old 08-31-2004, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
davidross had a lot to offer - he was intelligent, knew how to write and took us on a thoughtful journey.
You, Bong, are full of juvenile hot air and arrogance and are doing nothing but pumping up your ego. Even better, you're a bad poker player - too loose & aggressive preflop, totally inadequate postflop. You're on my buddy list, buddy.
As for your goals - I only started playing NL25(6max) 6 weeks ago and am up over $2000 and I'm the first to say I'm mediocre (but patient). I'd rather lurk & learn from those better than me then spout nonsense. I suggest you do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...you've been playing for *6 WHOLE WEEKS*?!?!?!?!

And you have over a $2000 roll, but yet you are still "buddy-listing" players in $25 NL? You've got an adequate bankroll for a game two levels higher, but you're buddylisting $25 players?

Over a $300 session today, that's 12 buyins. If I'm "too loose and aggressive preflop, and completely inadequate postflop," how am I making so much bloody money?

Buddy list me up, but at least have the balls to share your Party handle, since you want to stir the storm.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:23 PM

Default Re: TheBong\'s Quest - The Fresh Start!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, you continue to cross-post this in multiple forums, as if you have the entire board captivated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a search, I don't see it cross-posted, do you?

Stop being a dick, everyone has a right to post here. Nobody's forcing you to read his threads and crap in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

2+2 Link

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2004, 03:28 PM

read the post right above that one
Old 08-31-2004, 03:34 PM

Yeah by the way, Peto, just thought I'd clarify just how much of an idiot you really sound.

905 hands tonight:

VPIP: 17.02 PFR: 4.42

I'm loose like Britney Spears and I'm as aggressive as Mike Tyson on crack. My friends and I concur, if you're going to put any 2+2er on your buddylist, you have an IQ 2 points lower than whale dung.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:41 PM

Good luck bong, (I was the blue guy from last night that said hi). I enjoy the quest posts and don't understand why some people feel the need to berate you.

I think it's very cool some 2+2er out there was nice enough to stake you.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck bong, (I was the blue guy from last night that said hi). I enjoy the quest posts and don't understand why some people feel the need to berate you.

I think it's very cool some 2+2er out there was nice enough to stake you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yes - it is very nice. But it's also a good business decision on his part. He's getting a fair cut of the profits. Do I know why people feel the need to berate me? No.

I have not ever, and will never claim to be David Ross or any of the other great posters on this forum. When I first started this, it was intended to be a fun thing to help me stay motivated to achieve my goals. My staker and fellow 2+2 poster encouraged me to really get into this quest post as a way to really improve my game (as a matter of fact it's a requirement of our deal that I continue this post).

I'm not David Sklansky, David Ross, or David Hasselhoff. You don't even need to know my real name, but those aren't them. If you are looking for amazing strategic content, I'm afraid that my ONE THREAD JUST MIGHT NOT BE THE PLACE.

If you don't like it, simply put me on ignore. As you can see, there are people out here who DO like reading the quest posts.

We're all supposed to be here to have fun, if you're so [censored] good then go write a book or your own post. I've got this ONE THREAD. It's easy to skip.

For those of you reading, I'm hoping you can tell that I *do* like to post, but its hard to discuss anything meaningful when every other post I've got someone telling me I'm retarded, arrogant, or pretending to be the next great poker author.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:56 PM

If you'd rather read David Ross, then read David Ross. If you'd rather not read this thread, then don't read it, hell, use the "ignore user" function. But don't come in here and [censored] all over somebody who's trying to learn.

Goals are important in anything you do, and if having a "quest" that you state publically makes people hold you accountable for your goals, then more power to you.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you'd rather read David Ross, then read David Ross. If you'd rather not read this thread, then don't read it, hell, use the "ignore user" function. But don't come in here and [censored] all over somebody who's trying to learn.

Goals are important in anything you do, and if having a "quest" that you state publically makes people hold you accountable for your goals, then more power to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Dids! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]