Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: selling PT databases?

To the mod haters.

This thread was locked at one point by the mods, I'm assuming because 800gambler reported it as spam. I objected, including in my arguement the point that commercial software and other laerning tools are posted about all the time in forums here, and there is a similar thread in MHNL. At the time I objected I also hoped some decent discussion would come out of this as well.

Really, if anyone has a noteworthy database, or wants to do work on mine, please let me know - I'm excited by some of the contacts I've already made through this thread and hope for others.

The mods are trying to do their job best they can, and evidently I have put them in a tough spot.

If you dont like this thread, it is completely within your right to not read it, or put me on ignore.

If you really really are opposed to this thread and it's very important to you, go ahead and post about it here or notify mat sklansky, he has final say in this stuff anyways (I imagine).
Old 11-07-2005, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you imply that you have a "greater understanding" of certain aspects of the game (limit hold-em). I would really, really like to know what aspects those are and where I am lacking. The more specific the better. I really hope it's not a lecture on variance or sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so let me get this straight. You earn over $1000/hr in games 50/100 and bigger with a relatively small player base, and you are selling a database of your play illustrating how you play with that much of an edge against these players for $500 or so. Is that correct?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:48 AM

you are answering my question with a question. I would prefer an answer to my original question, but I will answer yours first.

I fear you will nitpick my response, so I want to be very clear.

That I have earned over 1k/hour in games 50/100 and higher this year is true.

your statement that "you earn over 1k an hour" may or may not be true, that implies future expectation.

I am selling a pokertrackder database of my play? true.

Illustrating how I play? to the extent hand histories represent my decision making process, true.

Illustrating how and why I make decisions? doubtful.

You are implying this serves to diminish whatever edge I might have? arguable.

However, it is certainly my right to torpedo my own high stakes poker career, should I choose to do that, but I do appreciate your concern.

back to my original question - the part where you have a greater understanding. Can you elaborate?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can? Yes.

Do I care to? No.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:52 AM

This is getting good.

*grabs popcorn*
Old 11-07-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: what a joke

Dcifr, being a mod is a thankless task. Thank you for doing it. Now "mostly thankless".
Old 11-07-2005, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Can you elaborate?
Can? Yes.

Do I care to? No.
you certainly are not shy about expounding your opinnion often and on a wide range of topics.

Forgive me if I'm curious in this instance cause either, you can improve my game, which I would be very happy about, or you have overstepped, and said something that you cannot back-up. Refusing to specify is implied confirmation of the latter. Not wanting to realease "secrets" about hold-em also doesnt sit to well as an excuse for not elaborating. Remember, I'm the guy willing to share his hands.

I'm not going to let this become more of a soap opera than it already is, I saw how you incessantly berated Barron in the magazine forum, rightly or wrongly. I will stop participating in this "I can tell you if I wanted to but I don't want to so I'm not going to" type of arguement going forward.

If you choose to engage this discussion with a thoughtful viewpoint and original contribution, even to disparage me or show me the error of my ways, I will happily respond.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I can tell you if I wanted to but I don't want to so I'm not going to"

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm, wasn't BarronVGT's 'reason' (for not being mathematically specific in his defence of the way he played the Frank hand) the very same thing? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I'd also like to know what El D is really trying to say...

by the way, people are trying to get together 2 buy the stox db as a collective and redistribute for value [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[i think you might want to drop the entire idea...]
Old 11-07-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're selling your db, how is a few months worth of HHs be an accurate guage of your WR? No doubt stox is one of the best players out there

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to learn sth you dont need a sample which give accurate picture of WR , all you need is a sample that give you accurate picture of strategies used by our Hero.
I think 100k hands is more than enough for the rest of your life (you wont revise all these hands anyway).
Btw if I played limit I would be thrilled to buy DB of a guy who is "one of the best players out there" but I dont. Probably because I cant respect my opponents, or whatever...

Best wishes
Old 11-07-2005, 01:44 PM

Just to hi-jack this thread a bit.

El Diablo,

If you still have your 10/20-6 max database I would be interested in purchasing it from you, feel free to post about pricing to gauge what it would be worth.

I would also be interested in purchasing Schneids 10/20, or any other really big winner in that game over a large number of hands.