Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Lamest \"bragging\" post ever...

Just won my first non-single-table tournament ever. A massive 3-table 10+1 on Party. What's up now.

Massive $90 first prize. I'm in the middle of a tremendous rush where I'm on top of my game, so even though its small monetarily, I feel good. Make fun of me all you want though, because I fully understand how lame my "victory" is in the grand scheme. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Lamest \"bragging\" post ever...

Congrats! Nothing but love man. I always appreciate post like this. For one thing it shows that you play with-in your bankroll, and that is always something to be respected. It's not always about how much money you win, but rather, about the love of the game! This post keeps things in perspective for me. I do play higher buy-in tourneys and what not, but the bottom line is about playing solid poker and getting the job done. This is beautiful game we play, and we are all trying to improve our games. So, congrats and keep it up!
Old 05-07-2005, 03:20 AM

congrats. (thought i'd say a little something nice just in case the other replies are all sarcastic and condescending)
Old 05-07-2005, 04:01 AM

<*(((><

There's a reason that away message was up before and you're doing nothing to change it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<*(((><

There's a reason that away message was up before and you're doing nothing to change it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tournaments have you won tonight?
Old 05-07-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<*(((><

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who doubled up through you in the NL game you were playind during this tourney?

AWWWWWW SNAAAAAAP
Old 05-07-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<*(((><

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who doubled up through you in the NL game you were playind during this tourney?

AWWWWWW SNAAAAAAP

[/ QUOTE ]

And who busted the fish who called me a retard after said hand??? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Anyways, you called large bets with middle pair-no kicker. We'll call that game a push. I'm never playing NL and Limit at the same time again!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, you called large bets with middle pair-no kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

So according to you an ace is no kicker? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] and this is your first ever tourney victory because.....? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats! Nothing but love man. I always appreciate post like this. For one thing it shows that you play with-in your bankroll, and that is always something to be respected. It's not always about how much money you win, but rather, about the love of the game! This post keeps things in perspective for me. I do play higher buy-in tourneys and what not, but the bottom line is about playing solid poker and getting the job done. This is beautiful game we play, and we are all trying to improve our games. So, congrats and keep it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Meeb wants to [censored] on my miniscule accomplishment....[censored] him then. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks to you two guys who responded first. It was that kind of game tonight where I just knew the right move and did it. Survived the beats, laid one on someone in a key pot, but that's tournament poker right?

Nights like tonight remind me why I play this damn game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 04:08 AM

[quote

Meeb wants to [censored] on my miniscule accomplishment....[censored] him then. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Does this mean I'm not invited to your birthday party? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]