Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2004, 08:17 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Self-Described wanna-be Assassin attacks Laura Bush

The Interview

I wanted to rip the president's head off. Curse him, yell at him, call him a self righteous bastard and a lot of other words. I think if I had him in front of me I would shoot him in the groined area. Let him suffer. And just continue shooting him there. Put him through misery, like he's doing to everyone else. He doesn't deserve any better.

She shows ultimate disrespect for her son who joined in 2002 (when the war was already on) for his choice to support America. Shameful.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Self-Described wanna-be Assassin attacks Laura Bush

So a kid who allowed a liar to manipulate him is a patriot?

I seem to understand neither patriotism nor politics.

~D
Old 09-20-2004, 10:01 AM

Maybe her remarks are shameful (they are borderline illegal) but her son is dead and I can understand her anger.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:29 PM

Mr. President:

Respectfully, I would be inclined to let a mother grieve the loss of her son and I would cut her some slack in her anger towards the man whose decisions led to his death.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. President:

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see how you can refer to this poster as "Mr. President"
Old 09-20-2004, 12:51 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. President:

Respectfully, I would be inclined to let a mother grieve the loss of her son and I would cut her some slack in her anger towards the man whose decisions led to his death.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her grief is not the problem. This is an anti-war activist who is recklessly using her son's memory to push her agenda. The fact that he volunteered after September 11th, and after the War on Terrorism had started is clear evidence that he was at least willing to participate in this war. How dare she say otherwise when he can not speak for himself. Being a close relative does not give you the right to speak falsely of someone. That is what is shameful.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:24 PM

Being a close relative does not give you the right to speak falsely of someone. That is what is shameful

Speak fasely of someone? so his own mother is clearly speaking falsely of him, while you, being what, his siamese twin? Know better?

The fact that he volunteered after September 11th, and after the War on Terrorism had started is clear evidence that he was at least willing to participate in this war

There are a vast number of reasons to join the military, patriatism is not the only one. In the article the mother clearly spells out what she believes to be his reasons, and notes a hesitency on her sons part to join untill he was assured he wouldn't see combat.

How dare she say otherwise when he can not speak for himself.
So when someone is killed no one can say anything about them in any way, since they can no longer speak for themselves?
Old 09-20-2004, 02:57 PM

Her son is dead. Have some empathy, even if you disagree with her.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:14 PM

Hey Dubs,

If this woman was a pro-war activist, would she be out of line for saying her son fervently supported your war, or would that be less 'shameful' of an assumption? Assuming everyone in the military is behind you, by default, until proven otherwise, is truly foolish.

I think you are really reaching for people to slander at this point. Don't you have an agenda of some sort, or does it just involve trying to prove how evil anyone is who disagrees with you?

I am officially sick to death of discussing electoral politics in this forum.

NT
Old 09-20-2004, 03:36 PM

From the article, it doesn't sound like the son was enlisting for patriotic reasons. Additionally, the mother didn't sign up for the War on GWB until her son's death.