Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-29-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Pocket Pairs (KK) - I\'m Totally Clueless

with his check on the turn, bet it. you may induce a weak A fold. More than likely not.

With your check behind on the turn this guy KNOWS all he he has to do on the river is check/call and he has you.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:16 AM

I like your play through the flop. I think you want to see a cheap showdown here if you don't meet with much resistance, and if you don't raise the flop, you'll have to call all the way. Plus if you get 3-bet or bet into again, I feel pretty confident about a laydown against most players.

With no one acting behind you, I'm fine with taking the free card on the turn, with the expectation that you'll call one on the river if he bets out again (in hopes that you induced a bluff). I think turn bet is ok too, folding for one more bet past that.

I'm continually surprised with what people will call with, but I'll take the free showdown on the river every time here.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:30 AM

Grunch

?

If you are so certain he doesn't have an ace, you have to bet the turn.

Myself, I play that flop exactly the same way.

I bet the turn when checked to and if called, I'll check behind on the river.

You will almost NEVER fold a pair of aces with this board. Most of these A-rag jokers are just trying to get to showdown and see if, indeed, you do have a better kicker.

More often, with KK with an A on the flop and I have position, I raise as you did on the flop, then I'll check behind on the turn, then I'll call 1 or check behind on the river. Show it down, take my loss, and move on.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:00 AM

Good chance villain has ace-rag, sucks but I think a bet on the river is ok. Why did you raise the flop, for info? I think the info you got is that your beat.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:09 AM

I think all the flop raise does is "find the ace".
Once you found it your only hope was that he's weak enough to fold top pair if his kicker is weak as well. The only way to achieve that is to bet again on the turn.
When you checked behind, he HAS to call your river bet.
Notice that you lose the same amount by betting turn, checking behind on river and give yourself a (small) chance to steal the pot from unknown player.