Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Returning to the USA for Xmas...Advice for Americans...

[ QUOTE ]
You can buy fresh spices and then cook with them. This makes your food have flavor. Then when you eat it, you can actually taste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me, I'm a smoker.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the Detroit Airport I decided to play a game. I walked around and counted how many obesse women/not obesse. The results I came up with were as follows: 274 obesse/11 not obesse.

[/ QUOTE ]
i suggest worrying about yourself, especially in detroit. i agree we are fat as a country, this does not mean that we have some of the most beautiful people here. you walk through an airport in one of the worst cities in the world and you now judge an entire nation? thats ignorant.
[ QUOTE ]
Western food has no flavor, is unhealthy and is garabge

[/ QUOTE ]
i love thai food. i also have an affinity for many types of food, and i take care of myself. the key to being fitter/healthier isn't always what you eat but how much you eat and we as a nation just overconsume, but i don't worry about everyone else b/c there are too many people, i first worry about myself and make sure i am happy.
[ QUOTE ]
Something has to be done about the way you talk. Southern, Midwestern and Northeastern accents are very hard to handle.

[/ QUOTE ]
everytime i call Dell customer support my blood pressure tends to rise b/c of the Asian on the other end of the phone...it goes both ways, this is why we learn to live together something apparently you do not know how to do.
[ QUOTE ]
For the women out there. Not wearing makeup and letting yourself go is embarrasing. Whenever you leave your home, or wake up, you should make yourself as presentable as possible. You should eat healthy(as should men) and excerise. This will raise your confidence and make you more attractive. When you walk around in spandex pants and no make up staring at the ground with your sad foot steps - I dunno, I start wondering what happened to the American dream?

[/ QUOTE ]
for every women that you just described there is 100 in my neighborhood that wear Uggs in 110 degree weather in dallas with 4 grand tit jobs and enough makeup on to keep maybeleine in business. once again your sample size sucks.
[ QUOTE ]
There is something called water. You might have seen it fall from the sky once of twice, or in a bathtub. You can, infact, drink this. Yes, this is a revelation to you, I am sure, but there you dont have to put sugar into water for it to be a drink.

[/ QUOTE ]
you are correct.
[ QUOTE ]
Christianity --- I wont even go there. Do me a favor though. Dont talk about God in public. Even mentioning God, just makes me want to kill a small animal. Dont say things like "Well, yall know God has his ways" or "Well, we just had to pray to God for his help and he made it all turn out right".

[/ QUOTE ]
this bothers me as well b/c there are some pushy people out there.

merry christmas (i refuse to be pc and say happy holidays) KKF and have a safe plane flight back.

~td
Old 12-21-2005, 08:41 PM

If everyone would just spend less time worrying about other people's business and more time on their own, the world would be a better place.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If everyone would just spend less time worrying about other people's business and more time on their own, the world would be a better place.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah. that was basically the jist of my post. nobody is the same and no matter how many differences/problems he see's with America there are going to be twice as many everywhere else...he will grow up and realize how immature what he says is.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:44 PM

KKF,

You complain about americans and the use of white bread as filler, however you say we should try rice that is seasoned with something. Rice by itself is bland thus is it not also a filler.

Obviously your dad hit the wrong person with the baseball bat.

Melch
Old 12-21-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no matter how many differences/problems he see's with America there are going to be twice as many everywhere else...he will grow up and realize how immature what he says is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
once you leave the US after christmas, please, do not return. ever.

edit - you are a douche. i'm willing to bet that you had no friends in high school and you're an only child.

[/ QUOTE ]

smart.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all i can do is shake my head and thank god that you're good at poker and can afford to live abroad... because you are what is wrong with this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be kidding me
Old 12-21-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
umm ok. well a lot of what was said in the OP was wrong, no matter what country, continent or [censored] planet you are on just worry about yourself and make yourself happy.

there are problems everywhere and he may live somewhere that suits him just fine, i congratulate him. there are still problems there. everyone is always so quick to judge only what the see or read yet they don't realize there is no such thing as utopia. the only thing you can do is learn to live together.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the problem my tone? Okay. I take it all back. Let me rephrase:

Hi Americans! How are you today? You have a lovely country! I heart Mickey Mouse!

Hey, is that a box of donuts you are eating by yourself? Wow! Those look yummy! Hey, how much do you weight? Only, 350lbs? Wow, you really dont show it!

Say, have you ever heard of chinesse rice soup? You can eat it for breakfast. You can flavor it with fresh bamboo, ginger, chilli pepper and anything else you like. And hey, why not try drinking water instead of Coke, atleast early in the morning!

[/ QUOTE ]

OP was way better. Your tone was fine. And I would like to point out that most of what you said goes for Canadians as well. The Christianity thing not so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a higher standard of living, switching between us and Norway for the top two. We live longer, we kill WAY less, we excersise WAY more (less fat/obese). Actually, according to a study, American males are twice as obese as Canadian males, and American women are three times as Obese as Canadian women.

Just to let you know.