Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: *TT* rates OOT\'s fashion sense

I figure this watch is a hell of a lot more tasteful than the gaudy, diamond-laden pieces in the watch thread, but, hey, that's just me.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I figure this watch is a hell of a lot more tasteful than the gaudy, diamond-laden pieces in the watch thread, but, hey, that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's hard to go wrong with a Nixon watch. I think it's a rad watch.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:00 AM

I'm not sure what it is, but I just can't comprehend caring about clothing THIS much.

All I want is to be comfortable and look decent without spending much dough. Plus, my friends would make fun of me mercilessly if I was half as metro as most in this thread.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:35 AM

TT,

I am wondering what the differences between my velvet blazer and the blue one you recommended earlier are that make mine teh gay and the other worthy of your recommendation.

TRON
Old 12-21-2005, 04:35 AM

zip up sweater button up shirt underneath Jeans rolex
Old 12-21-2005, 06:36 AM

TT, as a general question, what do you think of the obviously-not-trying or "outdoorsy" approach to fashion for those who don't have much knowledge or desire to keep up with trends, or who don't feel like doing so keeps with their personality/image? Still wearing nice enough looking stuff and attempting to dress well but going more for comfort/utility/quality than some kind of cutting edge style. Seems like this method at least avoids coming across as a huge poser. I see millions of these wannabe tools walking around each day and think I'd rather wear a tarzan outfit than risk looking like one of them. Thoughts? In your view is that just a cop out?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TT, as a general question, what do you think of the obviously-not-trying or "outdoorsy" approach to fashion for those who don't have much knowledge or desire to keep up with trends, or who don't feel like doing so keeps with their personality/image? Still wearing nice enough looking stuff and attempting to dress well but going more for comfort/utility/quality than some kind of cutting edge style. Seems like this method at least avoids coming across as a huge poser. I see millions of these wannabe tools walking around each day and think I'd rather wear a tarzan outfit than risk looking like one of them. Thoughts? In your view is that just a cop out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I need an example, please post photos.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

WOW ive see some tasteless watches before but this takes the [censored] cake. What is one thinking when the purchase this watch?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered buying one before it was released to the general market, its nice. It matches my mid-century modern sensibilities, and my maple wall unit.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

I am wondering what the differences between my velvet blazer and the blue one you recommended earlier are that make mine teh gay and the other worthy of your recommendation.

TRON

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the shape that makes it teh gay. It has nothing to do with the velvet, its all about the cut and the fit.

Funny... here I was trying to kill this thread, and I'm still responding. Keep me away from OOT! I have too much work to do! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005, 10:00 AM

TT,

I'm 38 married and most of my clothes come from Jos A Banks. I have plenty of nice button down shirts, cashmere (real deal) sweaters, dress and casual slacks, GAP jeans and nice shoes (brown, black, burgandy). I think I have the dad/husband/successful businessman look down.

Where can I get something that keeps me looking hip for an old guy? My build is average to athletic.I have this for around town.