Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: 2 AA hands that made me feel like ****

Grunch
Hand 1
I fold the turn against a passive player. Even if he is loose, a true passive player is probably on the flush if he raises you you on the flop. Kings are certainly possible, but those diamonds make me ill, and when the second king comes up, I know I'm beat. - (edit: if I make it to the river, no way I'm folding the FH against potential quads, when I think he has the flush but I probably would have folded earlier, then kicked myself in the nuts, then gone on tilt and donked off my whole stack)

Hand 2 - I play it exactly like that but I call the river. One of them probably has a 7, but they didn't bet top pair on the flop or turn. 2 pair is a strong possibility, but you have them beat. No flush and a highly unlikely straight. Gotta call the river.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:19 PM

Grunch.

Hand 1.

I only call the river raise. If he has the flush, we win, if he has the K, we lose. But I'm definitely betting out and calling a raise. I wouldn't want it to get checked through if he has the flush, or just the Ace of diamonds.

I'm definitely not laying it down on the turn. You have outs to the full house now, and you still may be best. I'm just calling down UI.

Hand 2.

I think nh.

The UTG could just be betting the scare card. So I'd most likely be just calling, or over-calling. The raise though, it'd be pretty brash to play it that passively then RAISE on the end to a donkbet without the 7, or a full-house set of 2's 4's or 6's.

I could overcall this donkbet, but I don't think I can call 2 with UTG to act behind still. And I'm definitely not 3-betting two guys that showed NO initiative the entire hand until the river.

nh.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:27 PM

I think you have the best lines here. I don't fear the flush that much (probably not enough), but I really felt that he had the K. I should've just called his raise.

The part that really irked me in the 2nd hand is the raiser was the looser more agressive player, and after I folded, the bettor folded too, so I didn't even see it. I was probably behind, but it just sucked. I think your idea about the full house seems likely.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:47 PM

So UTG in hand 2 was just betting the scare card eh? What a prick.

If he'd have just checked like a good little donkey, MP1 could bet into you, then you call and show down.

I've seen that a lot and it just sucks. I'd like to make a note on either of the guys, and UTG "folding to any raise" just kills that.

If I was playing the hand, and somehow "would have known" UTG would fold to any raise, I definitely would have cold-called 2, not only because I might be best, but also for the information. But we can never know what some donkey is actually going to do.

I think the fold in that position probably saved you 2 BB's personally.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The raise on the flop had me leaning toward a K in his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why didn't you RR? RR on the flop or betting out on the turn would have given you a much better idea of what he was holding. Your check on the turn could induce a bet from any holding.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:16 AM

hand 1 = nh

hand 2 = nh
Old 12-21-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then why didn't you RR? RR on the flop or betting out on the turn would have given you a much better idea of what he was holding. Your check on the turn could induce a bet from any holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree that 3-betting the flop would've revealed a bit more, but I think betting the turn is wrong. He either raises me again, or he goes into call down mode. I'm not getting him to fold better hand.

My thinking on each street as the hand played out:

pf: duh

flop: I bet, he raises. Hmm, he could have a flush, but he probably just has the K. I'll wait for a clean turn and then raise him again.

turn: Crap. <something like>Well, let's just see showdown cuz we are heads up.</something>

river: Cool, now he most likely doesn't have it. If not I win, and he's pretty much all in, let's push our edge.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:38 PM

Default WHAT DOES \"GRUNCH\" MEAN?!?!?!?!

WHAT DOES "GRUNCH" MEAN?!?!?!?!

sorry, but i'd really like to know.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: WHAT DOES \"GRUNCH\" MEAN?!?!?!?!

A great man named GrunchCan once said that you should post in 3 threads per day without reading the other responses first. Hence, Grunching is replying blind.

He has since changed his name and moved to NL. We miss you Grunch.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:01 PM

Hand 1
The flop just could not be much worse for such a nice hand. Villian is agressive.
The turn, just keeps getting worse for hero, hero freezes and villian turns up the heat again. I think you are beat here or he made his flush on the flop and has begun to fall in love with it.
The river, I check call.>>>>did he have the K?

hand 2, I bet I could have lost a lot with that one.