Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 07:34 PM

Default RESULTS: Bellagio ME hand #3

I thought about it for a couple seconds, this was the first time Hacehm limped in, and decided 88-JJ or AA were possible but not too likely, then with Groehing and Mads with lots of chips, 30k was nothing to there stacks, so in my mind, even if Hachem and Goerhing folded, there was zero percent chance Mads was going to fold with anyhand. During the day he had made some very marginal calls for more chips then this.

Gavin Smith had told me once, that it is soo important to stay in these tournaments, and not blowing urself out.

I thought I was getting called 100% of the time, either by Hachem's overpair or whatever 2 cards Mads has. I know there is an overlay, and I have most likely have the best hand, but I wanted to see a flop and play poker.

The flop came down QJ2 checked around, turn K, checked around, river J checked around, BB wins it with K3, and Hachem makes some comment that they all had an ace in there hand...77 came in second place...
Old 12-14-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Bellagio ME hand #3

Hmm alright.... When a player has an all in stack, which I think he does right now with the antes and blinds and goes all in, I put him on such and such hand range. However, if the player just makes a normal raise, risking 1/3 of his stack, I think, wow, he really wants a caller, therefore, I put him on an extremely strong hand like AA or KK. So I was asking you, is part of your reason for raising 1/3 of your stack like that to make people think you have AA and therefore everyone folds? Another question I have is do you think by raising to 12K (you get called by one player) and then pushing any flop has more fold equity then raising all-in preflop. I hope that helps.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: RESULTS: Bellagio ME hand #3

I still think this is an easy push. K3 would have folded to your all in.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: RESULTS: Bellagio ME hand #3

[ QUOTE ]
Gavin Smith had told me once, that it is soo important to stay in these tournaments, and not blowing urself out.....I know there is an overlay, and I have most likely have the best hand

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not know Gavin Smith so I don't want to put words in his mouth.... but I can't imagine this situation is what he was talking about. Giving up early or self-destructing and putting in your money bad is one thing. Picking up much needed chips in a spot where you have a considerable overlay is quite a different beast.