Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-13-2005, 03:20 PM

Default misplayed straight

I wish there was enough in the pot for me to be able to push but that just seems like i am giving money away. At the same time i didn't want to make a raise to the point where i coldnt get away from it if a spade hit. As played, how do you continue on turn, blocking bet? check/fold? check/call? I hate how i played this so any input would be appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) converter

MP ($60.95)
CO ($105.10)
Button ($76.65)
Hero ($114)
BB ($31.35)
UTG ($42.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $14.

Turn: ($47) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> Hero???
Old 12-13-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: misplayed straight

Lead full pot into the field, 3-bet more when it comes back to you, PSR. It's much more likely that UTG was on the flush draw. As played, I'd probably lead for $25 and call a push.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:36 PM

You would really call a push here? I don't see what else is calling my re-raise if i make it 30 except some monster draw or a set. This is surprising to me that you would still lead turn so strong and call a push...maybe i am just thinking about this the wrong way but that idea certainly never crossed my mind.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:38 PM

NH, Lead turn for 1/2 to 3/4, call any push. Lead river, call any push with non spade card

Cambraceres
Old 12-13-2005, 03:41 PM

You're right a set probably would call your 30 or so, monster draws too, but why not get the sets in there, the monster draws are not going to hit often enough to put you in red numbers, you're already a made hand 100% of the time.

Cambraceres
Old 12-13-2005, 03:43 PM

Wow, i didnt realize i was so weak tight. i lead for 18 and he raised to 48 and i immediately folded. I guess i just don't like the idea that i could have been drawing dead even though i probably call with a set in this spot because i at least have outs. If i made it 35 or so on the flop i can see how continuing with it makes sense. I guess i need to stick with this hand more than i am here.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:49 PM

I think villan has a set/2 pair here. A FD rarely plays this way. I bet $30 and call a push.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lead full pot into the field, 3-bet more when it comes back to you, PSR. It's much more likely that UTG was on the flush draw. As played, I'd probably lead for $25 and call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think villian more likely has a flush than a set/2 pair here? Wouldn't set or 2 pair raise more on flop? He min raises with flush draw try to buy a free card.

Also if he does not has flush, he has to worry if hero has it. I can hardly think he would reraise turn without a flush here.

Am I missing something here?