Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Empire WILL respond

It would make sense for basically every poker site to "respond" to Party's action. If they are paying attention to their customers, they would realize there are a TON of high-volume players who can't figure out where to place their loyalty right now. This would be a great opportunity for any site who can make a good offer that caters to the players' needs. Stars has the right idea, and I'm sure many others, including EP, will come up with their own plan.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:41 PM

Hey, I bought a new Ford yesterday, so ask me all about Ford's new marketing plans.

The guy is an affiliate. That gives him absolute zero inside knowledge of what Empire is going to do. But it does give him a vested interest in posting feel good messages.

So until you have some actual knowldege of anything actual, STFU.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:44 PM

The topic isn't meaningless, but anybody coming across as saying they have 'inside information' is BS.

Hey, I bought a new Ford yesterday, so ask me all about Ford's new marketing plans.

The guy is an affiliate. That gives him absolute zero inside knowledge of what Empire is going to do. But it does give him a vested interest in posting feel good messages.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:52 PM

You guys are missing the most important thing about Empire.

They have a powerful affiliate network. Note that I am not talking about the rakeback affiliates but real honest-to-God big website operators and direct-mail businesses who pull in fish.

I have gotten more direct (non-rakeback) solicitations from Empire affiliates then all other sites put together.

Up until now most of the fish they caught had to be thrown back because when they went to sign up, the software rejected them because they already had an account with Party.

To a lesser extent I'm sure the same problem plagued Eurobet and Intertops when they tried to convert their punters to poker.

That is over. It is now open season on Party's entire customer base. No more genteel (read: ineffective) competition from sites like Stars and Paradise. Real competition from determined adversaries.

It's going to be a real war.

By positioning itself as the high-price player, Party has left itself very vulnerable. It's not that rake reduction has been a particularly effective marketing weapon, but the high-price environment ensures that Party's competitiors will have plenty of money to lavish on their affiliates and keep them motivated.

Meanwhile existing and future rakeback deals will ensure that many of us don't completely abandon them while things sort out.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The topic isn't meaningless, but anybody coming across as saying they have 'inside information' is BS.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a strong suspicion who OP is and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you see the irony in this? *You* don't actually know that he isn't everything he says he is.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say its 10-1 in my favor that i cornholed the sheep. Might have been a ram if i cornholed it.SIIHP.

Drank way to much after this mess started yesterday. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you sober up, you'll remember Rams cornhole Pokes. It's never the other way around. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]