Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 10:21 PM

Default How are people doing in the baby NL games?

Most AC poker rooms now have a baby NL game. Usually $1/2 blinds with buy
in between $60 and $300. These are now a few monthes old, and I wanted to
know how peoples win rates have been. I play once a week, and over the
last 150 hours or so, I have been averaging over $40/hour. Are people
having similar win rates, or am just on fire?
Old 06-22-2004, 10:26 PM

Default Re: How are people doing in the baby NL games?

I have been playing in a 1/2 game recently and my rate is high, but I'm running hot. these games have been a great opportunity to work on my game a little bit, play looser in position and bluff a lot more, without the large financial cost of experimenting in a higher stakes game against good readers. my latest experiment is playing any hand on the button, only folding to very large preflop raises or reraises. the power of position is simply amazing.

--turnipmonster
Old 06-23-2004, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my latest experiment is playing any hand on the button, only folding to very large preflop raises or reraises. the power of position is simply amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It got to the point in my PL game where I was playing almost any two cards on the button if the right people were in, with remarkable success (e.g. my 87o flopped straight hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). I can't tell if it was a really bad habit to get into, or a really good one...

Mike
Old 06-24-2004, 01:13 PM

Ive been running about 20-25/hour but have taken some HUGE bad beats (I should have about $3500 more in my roll based on $ in pot and % favorite I was).
Old 06-24-2004, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been running about 20-25/hour but have taken some HUGE bad beats (I should have about $3500 more in my roll based on $ in pot and % favorite I was).

[/ QUOTE ]

oh come on.... you're really recording everytime something mundane happens like your TPTK holds up against a smaller pair?
Old 06-24-2004, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh come on.... you're really recording everytime something mundane happens like your TPTK holds up against a smaller pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really see a question there, but judging by the fact that you put my words in a box, I'll assume you are challenging something I am saying. Ill tell you that I am talking about hands where I got all in preflop or on the flop as a relatively big favorite and got outdrawn on. The worst was a $1300 dollar pot at the Trop in AC (vs 2 callers). Ironically the very next hand (after I rebought) I got sucked out on by 2 callers (All in pf I have AA vs 88 and KK)8 flopped we both lose $800 pot. Those two just stick out because they were huge pots back to back. The game was awesome though, not usually close to that much action..... too bad I lost [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2004, 04:45 PM

schwza is saying that nobody wins every pot where they're ahead.

you could have 3500 more if you would have won certain pots, but you could also have 3500 less if you had been outdrawn a few more times.