Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Favorite Hands

Just curious on what types of hands (other than the obvious AA, KK, AK etc. "not top staring hands"), people play just because of superstition or favorite numbers or whatever.

Mine is A8o. Sounds stupid, but I always seem to play it, It has brought me a lot of luck.

I wasn't sure where to post this.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Favorite Hands

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

Mine is A8o. Sounds stupid, but ...

[/ QUOTE ]

it is stupid. if you always play A8o that's a leak in your game [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

sorry
Old 06-21-2004, 04:57 PM

Beats my K9. Suited I'll raise, unsuited I'll call [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2004, 05:19 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

non-pair: KJ suited
pair: 99
Old 06-21-2004, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
non-pair: KJ suited
pair: 99

[/ QUOTE ]
Playing Heads Up in my last monthly Home NL tourney I picked up 99 twice in five hands, and both hands flopped the set. The first hand beat 10 10, and the second I was able to get opp all-in for the win.

It's my new favourite hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Peter
Old 06-21-2004, 07:06 PM

Q10s and TT
Old 06-21-2004, 07:16 PM

KQo. I think 2+2ers underrestimate it's power. Many even value it ahead of AJo which I consider heresy.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:24 PM

AXs. I love having making the nut hand (flush obviously) and getting into a betting war on the river (and sometimes the turn).
Old 06-21-2004, 08:04 PM

I like the Axs as well, although I favor x being in the 2-4 range. The reason for that is if rags hit, you wind up with a decent chance at making that low straight, which is not something people suspect. In other words, I'd play A2s more often than A8s.

Of course, every now and then, it's interesting to just call with absolute garbage - 92o, etc. If you actually flop something, no one in the world suspects it, and they can't put you on a game. (Don't do it TOO often, obviously)
Old 06-22-2004, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, every now and then, it's interesting to just call with absolute garbage - 92o, etc. If you actually flop something, no one in the world suspects it, and they can't put you on a game. (Don't do it TOO often, obviously)

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing $1/$2 NL on Stars the other night, I get 92o in the BB. 6 players to the flop (no pre-flop raises). Flop is A45 rainbow. SB checks, I check, bet of $2, raised to $4, re-raised to $8, LP calls the $8, SB folds, I call the $8, two more calls. Pot is $44. Turn is a 9. Checked to the re-raiser, he bets $12, LP calls, I figure I have at least 6 outs (two 9's, four 3's) and maybe 9 outs (three 2's) so I call, others fold. 3 to the river for $80. River is a 2. I check, bet of $12, called by LP, I call (I put one of them on Ax, and the other on a busted straight draw, maybe two pair 4's and 5's?). Both of them turn over 45s, and I drag a nice pot with 92o.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think the call on the flop was the most questionable play I made, but I had a pretty good read on both of the LP players.