Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 12:17 PM

Default What\'s the most profitable game online?

I a, successful at NL cash games live, but cannot seem to beat them online. However, i have had success online with all types of SNGs, PLO, and 7stud. Due to probbaly an overall more reckless and weaker competition online, is ther a specific game that matches up well against the average online player, and helps to even out the greater amounts of luck that seem to happen online?
Old 06-26-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: What\'s the most profitable game online?

[ QUOTE ]
I a, successful at NL cash games live, but cannot seem to beat them online. However, i have had success online with all types of SNGs, PLO, and 7stud. Due to probbaly an overall more reckless and weaker competition online, is ther a specific game that matches up well against the average online player, and helps to even out the greater amounts of luck that seem to happen online?

[/ QUOTE ]
What the fuck are you talking about?
Old 06-26-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that there are more fish in the NL and PL Omaha8 games than in Hold'em. I haven't met too many people who have read Omaha8 books, or have made much of an effort to improve themselves in the game...where as in Hold'em, even losing players have read a book or two and are trying to improve. You get a lot of people trying out Omaha8 without really knowing basic strategy. They end up playing it like Hold'em, which is almost totally wrong.

I was one of the biggest fish in Hold'em (no matter how much I tried to improve), but I'm usually one of the better players at any given Omaha8 table.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Due to probbaly an overall more reckless and weaker competition online, is ther a specific game that matches up well against the average online player, and helps to even out the greater amounts of luck that seem to happen online?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll translate for him...

He is saying, where can he play against good people because he can win against good people.

Is this the biggest misconception of online poker for new players?
Old 06-26-2005, 12:51 PM

actually, i'm saying that online seems to be more luck driven. therefore, what games or formats, help to even out that luck.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, i'm saying that online seems to be more luck driven. therefore, what games or formats, help to even out that luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
The ones you don't suck at.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:56 PM

What they're saying is that the competition online is generally better than live so you may need to start by taking a look in the mirror...
Old 06-26-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, i'm saying that online seems to be more luck driven.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not.

Acme
Old 06-26-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying the same thing as I am, and when you realize that, you can make the transition into a winning online poker player.

Those people who you consider as lucky are the ones that put money into your pocket. Playing against better competition that doesn't rely on luck will do you no good.

Also, just because you're a winning live player doesn't mean you're guaranteed to be a winning online player. I know several people who play live and do well but would get slaughtered in an online game.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
more reckless and weaker competition online

[/ QUOTE ]
ROTFLMAO