Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 11:12 PM

Default QQ - I keep getting donked

Poker room 5-10 9 or 10 players

Table Image - not good, only been here a few orbits, but I keep ending up with overs against 2-3 players when I raise, but never catch. Ppl keep donking into me. I am sure ppl are noticing

BB is total unknown, have seen him for about 5 hands now.

CC is a loosie- 45-50 VP, and only mildly aggressive post flop.

I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP1

few folds, I raise, 1 cold call, BB cold calls.

Flop (3 players) 6.5sb

3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, I raise, 1 fold, BB calls

Turn (HU) 5bb

8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets, I raise, BB calls

River (HU) 9bb

J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, I ??

Now what?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: QQ - I keep getting donked

raise because you still have the best hand.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So say I raise, and I get 3 bet, then what.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Call and say, "YOUFUCKINPIECEOFSHITNOGOODDIRTYMOTHERFUCKERBETEVE RYSTREETWITHAFOURNEVER3BET TILTHERIVERCUNTFUCKERSHITFUCK"
Old 12-20-2005, 12:59 AM

FLOP: When the BB bets the flop, I would tentatively conclude that he does not have a 4 or 33 since the natural play would be to checkraise the flop to trap in the middle guy, or check call the flop and checkraise the turn. When the BB bets the flop I would put him on 3x, a pocket pair or total air. Obviously at this point raising is the right play.

TURN: Once the big blind bets at this point, I would still put him on 3x or a pocket pair most of the time. I would now eliminate the possibility that he has total air, but the probability that the BB has 4x,33 or 88 does go up but its still not high enough for me to be concerned at this point. So the BB does have a hand, and hes probably betting to make sure you dont take a free card if you have two overcards. Given this information, raising is once again the right move. Once the BB doesnt 3 bet you I would be convinced that he doesnt have 4x,33 or 88.

RIVER: This bet on the river is very very confusing. If the BB has a 3 this bet makes no sense, if he has nothing this bet makes no sense, if he has a 4, 33 or 88 why didnt he 3 bet the turn? And lastly if he had JJ and hit a set on the river the more natural play would be to checkraise. The only hand that makes sense to me for the BB to play this way would be J3, and he might be betting the river hoping you have 77,99,TT instead of QQ,KK,AA.

The way I see it, you have showed a tremendous amount of strength so far in this hand, since you have raised all 3 prior streets, and yet the BB is still betting into you on the river, if the BB is not an idiot, he has to know you have an overpair by now, since you have no read on him, I prefer just calling the river over raising the river.

The bottom line is you still dont have the nuts, and since you must call a 3 bet against an unknown IMO if you do raise, then you are laying yourself 2-1 on this river raise. Given all the strength you showed in this hand and the BB is still betting into you on the river I do not think you are a 2-1 favorite in this spot, which is why you should just call IMO.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:20 AM

call...you don't know enough about this guy to fold to a 3 bet, but you really don't want to have to call one either
Old 12-20-2005, 06:52 AM

Chances are that he had an overpair or 3 himself when he keeps donking (puts you probably on Ui overs).
When the J hits he must be a little scared if he had the pp lower than a J, so he might have JJ+ or really a 4.
I don't want to get 3bet here since I couldn't fold then, so I would just call.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:55 AM

Raise that donking donk again. While you stack the chips, be sure to chat: "do you know who the f I am?"

-Eric
Old 12-20-2005, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you just wake up, because you just dozed off at the computer and you're having a nightmare. Now look at the screen and smile because he just called, you won, and the table fears you, especially the doofus whose pants you lust pulled down.

good luck.
Eric
Old 12-20-2005, 11:13 AM

The river is an easy call for one bet and no overcards out there.

I'm not sure about you raising the turn though. In the BB, he could be holding a pretty wide range of hands that, given the flop, could have you in trouble.

His stop and go looks like he could have A4 or 33 to me, but since he's an unknown, you have very little to go on. So his turn donk should just make you want to get to showdown, rather than get into a raising war.