Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Did I miss value bets with my lucky BB?

I am in the BB at a live 1/2 NL table. I have about 350 in chips. The only guy I have a read on is on my immediate left. Seems pretty solid and not afraid to push all his chips into the middle, but not reckless. The rest of the table seems loose preflop and weak post flop. Onto the hand...

I have 8 2 offsuit in the BB. 6 limpers, including the guy to my left (UTG) and the SB. I check.

Flop is 8 7 2 rainbow. SB checks, I bet out 15. UTG min-raises to 30. Folds to me. I raise it another 45 and he calls. Turn is a 2, filling me. I check, he checks. River is a Q. I wait a bit and bet 100. He thinks, asks if I have a boat. I don't respond and he mucks.

My two main questions are...

1) Should I have checked the turn? I was pretty sure I was best (didn't think he hit a set on the flop, figured maybe 87 suited or A8/A7). Since he had been aggressive in previous pots, I wanted to give a chance to fire.

2) Did I over bet the river? I wanted to get some more money out of him, but in retrospect I think I put too much out there. Perhaps 60 or 70?

Any thoughts would be great.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Did I miss value bets with my lucky BB?

Your plays fine. You're not going to get any more out of him on the Turn that you wouldn't on the River.