Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2004, 06:03 PM

Default Re: For the naysayers

Botty beats 2/4 for more than 2 bb per hour these days. It is still a work in progress, so I haven't setup more than one account on any site. All I do is play, test, reprogram, replay, retest, etc. Also, anyone who read my first message can see that I (claim to be) CEO of a (substantial) Company. This is weekend/parttime work for me NOW.

I believe that I can fix it to win more, and probably win more at 3/6, but I have a hard time believing I can make it good enough for 5/10. My own poker skills are good, but not quite up to the challenge, I fear. But we'll see.

For the maths, check this out: 10 3/6 games, played 8 hours per day, 300 days per year, winning 2 BBs per hour: About $300,000. Less than my income, much less, but at the end of the day not bad.

Stephen (AKA)
Old 01-22-2004, 07:22 PM

Default Re: A Bot\'s Life: 2

How does this help you discern who still has cards, where the button is in relation to your position? What about players sitting out or if a seat is reserved? The screen scraping would also have to interpet who raised, their positon relative to the button, etc.

There is an application called Winrunner used for automation testing of software that maybe of some assistance with the card recognition and other factors, but I remain skeptical of the claims made here.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:56 PM

Default Stephen - may I buy this \"bot\" from you?

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] You [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Or - detail pricing here.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:55 AM

Default Re: A Bot\'s Life: 2

Many of the poker site allow you to modify the images (i.e. cards) that they use. They are often just .bmp files found in the program directory. It's not hard to "mark," in a particular spot, each card (or chip denomination or the button) with a different color. Then all you have to do is test the pixel color for the proper coordinates on the screen to determine what cards you have, what cards are on the board, where the button is, who has folded their cards, who has bet, who is sitting out, etc. The computer can precisely differentiate between millions of different colors.

I've seen this technique discussed before. I didn't invent it.

--Rexx
Old 01-31-2004, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Stephen - may I buy this \"bot\" from you?

bump
Old 01-31-2004, 04:54 AM

Default not quite

no offense, but you have no idea what you are talking about. using win32 programming or directx, any half decent C++ programmer could grab the contents of the frame buffer and parse through the pixels for anything they wanted: chips, cards, a naked lady, whatever. working all of this into a coherent system would not be trivial. but "scraping the screen" or whatever you want to call it, is very trivial and could be used for what this bot programmer is talking about.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Screen Scraping

ACTool + Object Mapper.

Used for screen scraping (cheating/macroing) in games for years now - applicable to anything though. I believe it's a Delphi engine but you could take the concepts it uses and port them to C++, C#, assembly or whatever your chosen language is.