Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-20-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: 10/20 (6) Datamine Confusion

I don't think you can draw those conclusions from this sample size
Old 12-20-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is your W$SD normally in the very high 50s when running bad and in the mid 60s when running good?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, my W$SD is always about 52%. That's one of my difficulties, trying to figure out how to get to showdown with A-high (or small pockets) without killing my W$SD.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are having a hard time seeing the showdown when you get check-raised on the turn with your AJ that missed, then stop betting the turn with your AJ that missed if you might get check-raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I'm betting the turn much less often lately with missed overcards. Consequently, I'm seeing showdown for only 1.5BB (flop and river bets) and picking off more river bluffs by aggressive players.

It's a work in progress... The turn has historically been my most aggressive street (3.8), but even passive 10/20 players are trickier post flop than most 5/10 players and they use my over-aggression against me.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is your W$SD normally in the very high 50s when running bad and in the mid 60s when running good?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, my W$SD is always about 52%.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Really? This stat varies wildly for me from session to session depending on how I am running.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, my W$SD is always about 52%.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Really? This stat varies wildly for me from session to session depending on how I am running.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine is a consistent 55 long term. Running bad, it's 52 and running good it's 57.

I started this thread to try and get some answers about the datamined guy. It's really amazing that his W$SD is 58 when running bad !
Old 12-20-2005, 01:15 PM

"It's really amazing that his W$SD is 58 when running bad !"

not winning your share of pots is not the only way to run bad. Getting a whole bunch of very very good second best hands (and your opponents not getting them) will lose you a ton of money as well.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone who's good with statistical analysis look at this? In my observed hands database, I came across this player who's getting crushed after 11500 hands....yet his W$SD is an amazing 58.29!!

I realize his WtSD is a little low, but how is this possible??

[/ QUOTE ]

More than likely, coupled with not being able to get to showdown enough, he's only winning small pots at showdown while getting rivered for all the big ones.

Other than the WSD% these stats look a lot like mine. What's the screenname?

___1___
Old 12-20-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After you said this, I looked at his folded to river bet and saw 47.6%! I am still surprised by the logic inconsistencies....and wondering how it's possible for someone reasonable enough to play everything else (VPIP, PFR, Folded SB & BB to steal, ASB, W$WSF) so close to optimally, yet fold THAT many winners on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

The seemingly high FTRB and high losses with a high W$SD can also come about by making too many loose flop peels (which lead to turn peels) which lead to good river folds, i.e., loose flop peel, turn gives him a FD or OESD or gutter with an over - whatever - it gives him something that makes calling the turn seem reasonable given the pot size at that point, then river misses. This sort of playing error can be quite costly since the bad flop peel costs bets on both the flop and turn.

That said, I agree that he is most likely folding way too much -- a WTSD like that only VPIPing 25% seems awfully odd.

And that said, I'll repeat what someone else said: selection bias and sample size.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:17 PM

I wasn't sure if it was OK to list the name, but if he happens to be a 2+2er, this thread may help.

It's HDPYMT06
Old 12-20-2005, 07:34 PM

I'm really surprised people are jumping to these conclusions about WSD/W$SD and "Folded to a River Bet"...

If you raise on the button, have 2 or 3 callers, miss and bet the flop, check the turn, and fold the river then these numbers are the result.

I don't think it's a matter of folding winners at all. Simply running really bad.

___1___