Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-18-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Taking a gamble in life

Unless you hate your present position, stay.

More upward potential (500K), and the fact that the turn over rate at the new place is 80% tells it all.

Stay.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:42 AM

Why does a loan officer have to be good at sales? Are they doing lots of cold calling?
Old 12-18-2005, 12:03 PM

The Loan Arranger is vastly overpaid, Tonto did all the work.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:13 PM

Man...commission. Sounds very stressful, and the best-case scenario leaves something to be desired...it seems both more improbable and less awesome than the best-case scenario in your current company.

Plus, that sounds like the kind of job that would really consume your life if you wanted to reach the top...i bet the guys making 200K a year are working 60hr+ weeks.

But, hey, if you've wanted to be Ricky Roma for ten years, then why not.

Will
Old 12-18-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does a loan officer have to be good at sales? Are they doing lots of cold calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

A loan offier is a sales position, the mortgage process can take up to a month and the whole time you are going to need your borrower to cooperate with you while you negotiate things like rates, payments, etc. You have to deal with them checking other companys to see if they can find a better deal, making sure they follow through with documents you need to process the loan, make sure they trust you, it's alot of work and you work on 100% commission, if you dont sell you don't get a paycheck. You can work with a customer for 3 weeks then on the day of settlement they can decide they don't want the loan and you get not a penny for all your work.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Thanks..

...to everyone for their input.

I might have confused some people with my post. The position offered to me can lead to a position paying $500k, not my current position.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:11 AM

Hi Mike:

For what's it worth, many years ago when I worked for the Census Bureau, I took a modest pay cut to change positions. Of sourse, I also was able to move job locations from Suitland, Maryland to Laguna Niguel, Calif. I never regretted it.

best wishes,
Mason
Old 12-19-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Thanks..

[ QUOTE ]

I might have confused some people with my post. The position offered to me can lead to a position paying $500k, not my current position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike:

Tread carefully. You have a wife, and someday soon enough perhaps a child to take care of. If you are 100% positive you can seize the day then I say go for it... but if you are not and the turnover is very high (only the strong survive in cold calling) then I'd wait for a better opportunity before you move on to a new gig. Potential money is not everythihng... seek an overall balance between happiness, security, and wealth.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Thanks..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike:

Tread carefully. You have a wife, and someday soon enough perhaps a child to take care of. If you are 100% positive you can seize the day then I say go for it... but if you are not and the turnover is very high (only the strong survive in cold calling) then I'd wait for a better opportunity before you move on to a new gig. Potential money is not everythihng... seek an overall balance between happiness, security, and wealth.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is one life you may have saved.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
According to the way I interviewed and the computer personality test I took my skills sets and personality fit this position very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, company or independent test? If company, i would take an independent test before making any large changes in my life. Or really read up on the job. Guess that's what you are doing here though... kindof.