Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-15-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Hand

I'm showing this down no matter what card hits the river. I don't do alot of 3-betting on the turn with one pair, but I would swim a river of sh!t to get the raise button one more time on this turn.

Cartman
Old 12-16-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would swim a river of sh!t to get the raise button one more time on this turn.

Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-16-2005, 12:52 AM

Unless he can raise ace high on the turn in these paired board spots, which is entirely possible, it doesnt seem all that likely for him to have the ace.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless he can raise ace high on the turn in these paired board spots, which is entirely possible, it doesnt seem all that likely for him to have the ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

AT.

But yeah, I'd 3-bet the turn.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:56 AM

of course its possible, as with a6, a7
Old 12-16-2005, 04:18 AM

I bet/folded the river not thinking he had an ace. it was just that on the turn I decided to see a good river before I c/r. Unfortunately I thought an A was a scare card and he wouldn't follow through with a lot of hands that he originally would have. So I bet on the ace, which from villains perspective has to seem like I hit it, but if he raises he has to have an ace beat right? (or he outdrew with handsl ike AQ)
Old 12-16-2005, 06:15 AM

I call the turn raise and checkraise any non-Ten river. Your turn 3-bet will fold him if he's on air, but he'll generally fire again on the river with air if you just call. He's always raising the turn with 7x, but might not 3-bet the river if a scare card comes (like a 3rd flush card), so you sometimes save yourself a bet.

However, when the Ace comes on the river I like your lead because it's the one card that might convince him to check behind. The fold seems OK when he raises, although I'm generally calling this.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call the turn raise and checkraise any non-Ten river. Your turn 3-bet will fold him if he's on air, but he'll generally fire again on the river with air if you just call. He's always raising the turn with 7x, but might not 3-bet the river if a scare card comes (like a 3rd flush card), so you sometimes save yourself a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's more than half the cards in the deck I don't want to see on the river (any A,K,Q,T,9,8, or any [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]). I'd hate to c/r any of these and be faced with a 3-bet. I'd rather 3-bet the turn too because he could be doing the ol' 'raise the turn for a free showdown' play.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:48 PM

Im not sure why you want to bet the river. I would check and call the the river. You might induce a bluff from him and gain a bet and your not going to get a better hand than yours to fold so what do you gain by bettting? You might get bluffed off the best hand losing the whole pot. Downside is possibly losing one bet by just checking. I think checking and calling is the play here.