Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-08-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Is my office\'s new business manager doomed?

I work for one of the top high-end residential architects on the east coast and we just got a new business manager. The old one retired and they searched for a long time before finding this chick. She's been in the office for a few weeks now, and I've come upon this horrible flaw she has. She sucks at spelling and to make matters worse, she uses the wrong words for stuff. Examples to follow....

This is the person that is going to be writing all the contracts and sh*t, so I see a potential problem brewing.

Here are two examples and a question, which I'm pretty sure I know the answer to already.

Example 1: Sending and office-wide(30 employees in 2 offices) memo, every time she was talking about the Principals (partners), she spelled it 'Principles'.

We were shooting the sh*t just a couple minutes before the memo, so I sent her a discreet email letting her know it was 'Principals'. She thanked me and said how embarrassed she was. The fact is, 100% of the office surely realized her mistake and had to think "hmmm....", but hey no big deal.

then yesterday.....

Example 2: Our hottie receptionist was doing 'stretching' during lunch and window rep walked in on her by accident. She got all chicky and sent an email out asking if it was OK if she could continue doing this. The business manager replied that "as long as you remain conscience of others, it shouldn't be a problem". Conscience?!

So the question I already know the answer to is "should I say anything again?" I'm pretty sure it's "no".

Can this person function as such a high level and still be semi-literate? Spellcheck will not save her. Is she gonna make it? I think my boss is gonna crap. We build 4 million dollar homes and the chick can't spell principal.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Is my office\'s new business manager doomed?

Ya, I defintely wouldn't say anything; people don't like being corrected. Plus, what would that even accomplish in the long run? You can't be her personal grammar tutor.

I have absolutely no experience in this, but I assume she must have some solid qualities? As you said, your boss looked for a while, and it's a seemingly important job. Unless she's really hot and your boss wants to fuk her?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:55 AM

Offer to edit and mentor her in this, in return for suitable benefits.

I love people like this - every email is like a little present from Santa.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, I defintely wouldn't say anything; people don't like being corrected. Plus, what would that even accomplish in the long run? You can't be her personal grammar tutor.

I have absolutely no experience in this, but I assume she must have some solid qualities? As you said, your boss looked for a while, and it's a seemingly important job. Unless she's really hot and your boss wants to fuk her?

[/ QUOTE ]

She seems to be pretty sharp otherwise. I just have the feeling a lot of people are going to think she's not very bright.

She's a 6 but I have high standards. The receptionist, on the other hand, is a total f*ck-toy. Definitely 8.4. Skinny with long blond hair and a magnificent set of t*ts. Mmmmm....yoga.*gurgle-gurgle*