Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-27-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Problem receiving cashout at Party HELP

Heres the story:

On July 8th, 2005, I cashed out $1800 from my Party Poker account. My balance at the time was $1850 so it was almost all of my funds. Everything went fine until 2 days later when Party e-mailed me saying my account was being locked. The reason for my account being locked was because I had played heads up at a private table with a member from another poker forum. Me and the other member played 56 hands against each other and I won a grand total of $21. There was no chip dumping involving. In fact, we contributed $12 of rake, so I still lost a lot to the site.

Anyways, account was locked and I had to send in ID (copy of drivers license, a bunch of other [censored]). I'll admit I was a little lazy in sending in the documents but I got them in 2.5 months later. My account was then unlocked and I opened my account and there was $50 left in there. I waited antoher couple weeks and my cashout from July still had not gone through. I checked all my bank records and no cashout was received.

On November 23rd, I sent the following email to cashier@partypoker.com:

Dear Party Poker employee,

According to the history in the Cashier section of my Party Poker account, a cashout was processed on JULY 8, 2005 for $1800. However, that cashout was never received. Shortly after JULY 8, 2005, my account was locked. The problem has been cleared up with Partypoker.com and my account was unlocked. However, the money was never received into my bank account. According to the history, this transaction number is XXXXX. Please check up on this problem and fix this mistake.

Thank you,

-My name here

I received no response after 2.5 days and I resent the exact same email.

I still have received no response and it seems Party Poker has been very quick in the past in responding to my email so this seems a bit suspicious. What should my next step be and how long should I wait until I start to get very worried that they are not returning my emails.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Problem receiving cashout at Party HELP

I'll admit I was a little lazy in sending in the documents but I got them in 2.5 months later.

there is so much i can say that you won't like. however, waiting this long to produce the ID raised a flag bigger than your chip dumping. it's not like it was $50, it was $1,800. i'm sure they feel it took you this long to get the paperwork correct (or fabricated), and therefore needs further investigation.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:43 PM

Alright but is that justified in keeping $1800 without any proof. The fact is that I sent in 3 documents that proved my identity without a doubt. They cannot keep my money and them not giving a response is terrible customer service on my response.

What should be my next step to get my money from Party? Is 4 days too long to wait for their emails, or will a response be coming soon? Maybe this situation has happened to someone here on this board so I'm hoping someone might have some answers or even a reasonable guess.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:49 PM

I'm not sure what you want readers of an internet forum to do for you.

And for the record, there isn't anyone reading your post who believes there isn't something fishy going on here -- so you've got $1,800 in cashout limbo, and you just happen to wait 2.5 months to send them your ID?
Sorry pal, something's missing.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His age?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what you want readers of an internet forum to do for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon man. This is the one of the biggest poker forums on the web and I'm having a problem with a big poker site. I'm sure some of the people on here can give me some help or maybe have had some other experiences.

[ QUOTE ]

And for the record, there isn't anyone reading your post who believes there isn't something fishy going on here -- so you've got $1,800 in cashout limbo, and you just happen to wait 2.5 months to send them your ID?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can believe what you want and the last two posteres are RIGHT. I was extremely dumb for waiting a while to send in the proof of identity but I didn't have much of a need for the money and if you knew the whole story you'd understand. Had some personal problems during that 2.5 months and getting that money was nowhere near the top of my priorities.

All I'm asking for is for a bit of guidance as to what is to be expected. Sorry for wasting your time.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can believe what you want and the last two posteres are RIGHT. I was extremely dumb for waiting a while to send in the proof of identity but I didn't have much of a need for the money and if you knew the whole story you'd understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like I said -- something's missing.
Good luck!
Old 11-27-2005, 03:42 PM

You "didn't care" about the $1800 for more than 4 months (7/8-11/23)... and now all of a sudden you care about it?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:48 PM

Wow...people are really missing the point here. The fact that you waited 2 months is irrelevant.

You need to send this email to some other address....or call IGM.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:49 PM

"The reason for my account being locked was because I had played heads up at a private table with a member from another poker forum. Me and the other member played 56 hands against each other and I won a grand total of $21. There was no chip dumping involving. In fact, we contributed $12 of rake, so I still lost a lot to the site."

This is obviously not the real reason. Why come here looking for help with half a fabricated story? If you are legitimate and really want help tell us the real facts.