Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market

Old 11-01-2005, 07:26 PM

Default making $$$ off cramer mad money!!!

have been wondering how to make $$$$ of james cramer's mad money picks..

they move up really fast on the next days open alot, so you probably don't want to play them that way.

but i was wondering if you should track his 50-100 favorite stock. wait for news in the sector and buy them at 2 or 3 pm ahead of his TV show, as there's an excellent chance he'll put it that night.

alternatively and simply, look at cramer's list and just try to buy his favorite stocks on dips as you know he'll be pumping the stock sometime in the next few weeks.

i have a few questions:

do you know where i can get a list of the stocks he mentions?? (and not the ones the callers call about) like being canadian, i know he loves Encana. and i know he loves alot of natural gas stocks (appalachian) but i can't remember the names.

what is the general time frame for his picks? i.e. is it days, months, years???. a friend thought that he's partially range trading or swing trading, implying a few week hold at best... i think the intended hold period would be longer though. if cramer loves natural gas, why not just load up on a few and wait???

how often does he mention his favorite stocks????

are most of the huge movers on the next day's open new focus stocks for jim??

any thoughts would be appreciated!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: making $$$ off cramer mad money!!!

[ QUOTE ]
do you know where i can get a list of the stocks he mentions??

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get recaps of both his Mad Money TV show and RealMoney Radio show at thestreet.com

You could also signup for his action alerts plus service, if you want to track what he is personally doing in his own portfolio.

For a better idea of the timeframes for his trades, you should read thru his articles there, as well as read his books.

In general, you should be cautious about following anyones ideas, without fully understanding their methodology, and carefully tracking what they are saying... or you're likely to miss when their opinion changes!
Old 11-02-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get recaps of both his Mad Money TV show and RealMoney Radio show at thestreet.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer this one for recaps on his daily show... Madd Money Blog

-RMJ
Old 11-02-2005, 09:49 AM

www.booyahboyaudit.net love the name lol
Old 11-03-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could also signup for his action alerts plus service, if you want to track what he is personally doing in his own portfolio.

For a better idea of the timeframes for his trades, you should read thru his articles there, as well as read his books.

In general, you should be cautious about following anyones ideas, without fully understanding their methodology, and carefully tracking what they are saying... or you're likely to miss when their opinion changes!

[/ QUOTE ]

good advice, thank you!! and thanks to the others who responded.

i would always do some research on the company and make sure the idea was consistent with my view (i.e. i'm still bullish on energy). and i'd want to know why cramer liked it.

i will look at his book and his articles...

i'm just wondering how many strong ideas, he has i.e. when he slows down and explains the idea in hushed tones (pretty inane, but whatever!!!)... does he repeat ideas alot?? or will he pump a stock hard and never talk about it again??

i'm sure there's a great way to make $$$$$ of this i.e. predicting generally what cramer will do...

pretty sure they'll be some huge academic studies of his show, if there aren't already.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have been wondering how to make $$$$ of james cramer's mad money picks..

they move up really fast on the next days open alot

[/ QUOTE ]

Why isn't he just buying, airing his show, pumping these stocks, and then dumping them? Seems like the easiest way to make money ever if he can actually move stocks by airing a TV show. It also seems like one of the most transparent pump and dump schemes ever attempted.

eastbay
Old 11-03-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why isn't he just buying, airing his show, pumping these stocks, and then dumping them? Seems like the easiest way to make money ever if he can actually move stocks by airing a TV show. It also seems like one of the most transparent pump and dump schemes ever attempted.

[/ QUOTE ]

His trading in stocks that he mentions on his tv and radio show is restricted by rules that specifically would make it difficult to pump and dump.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:51 PM

sorry to keep my thread alive. but can we make a list of the industries he loves and some of the stocks. the ones he really loves.....

trying to remember but,

natural gas stocks (encana, some of the appalaichian plays)
coal stocks (BTU)

video game stocks (activision, gamestop)

oil services (nabors - note that natural gas, coal and services all are based on energy prices)

biotech (what's his stock though? is it genentech or amgen or something different??)

any other industries come to mind??? johnson controls and some boring milwaukee industrial stocks (can't remember the names maybe A.O. Smith and i guess johnson controls is wisconsin)....

but i'm looking for names and industries he constantly goes back to and raves about. not the "lightining round" - that's way too many stocks and controlled by viewers.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:59 PM

smc,

If you do a quick review of the links that have been provided in this thread, you should have the information you are looking for.

Additionally, you can take a 2 week free trial to Action Alerts Plus!

[ QUOTE ]
Action Alerts PLUS product features:
Email alerts - sent before Cramer makes a move - so you can invest with Cramer or just watch and learn
Weekly round up of the stocks Cramer is buying, selling and watching - and why
On-line access to Cramer's complete portfolio
Archive access - Read the alert archives to see what Cramer's been thinking and doing
With a FREE 2-week trial to Action Alerts PLUS by Jim Cramer, you will get Cramer's specific action-oriented investment ideas and mid-to-long term stock picks before he makes a move himself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

He has been accused of this alot, even investigated which he talks about in his "Confessions" book. I believe he has to observe a 5 day rule on stocks he mentions on the show. On Mad they also throw up disclaimers on which stocks his charitable trust owns.

On one of the boards, I read a post where some guys had a shorting scheme on his picks, they would wait a day or two or something like that, I will have to find the post.