Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-02-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: DERB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Loijzka plays like Erik1234.

-or--

Loijzka plays like steve95

--or---

Loijzka plays like MaxMuller

discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting Steve95 in the same league as those other two should be a crime against humanity. I have no substantial amount of hands vs DERB but I from what I read about his style of play, he sounds similar to Steve95 except Steve doesn't make as many stupid payoffs (but counters with plenty of stupid aggression when it's obvious he's beat). I think the difference between Steve and Erik/Max is those two are tenfold better hand readers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not (necessarily) grouping those 4 players together as of equal ability or winrate. Please dont assume I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I read it as:

A=B?
A=C?
A=D?

So... B=C=D. My mistake.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
saying he is "obviously a huge winner"

and

"his style should be easy to emulate"

is a contradiction.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not necessarily true. He may be playing in a way that may make him a near mathematical certainty to win providing people keep folding to him like they do.

[ QUOTE ]

the analysis is not easy or straightforward. for now I will wait and see, just pick apart other's posts El Diablo style, rather than write my opinion on the whole matter. (though my opinion is evident, just not what I think the why and how is)

His style of play could fill a book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played a fair amount with him and have never seen him do anything post-flop that I said, "wow, slick". But, I have seen many, many hands where I said "what on earth is he thinking" - like betting and calling a raise on river after his low two pair has, at the bare minimum, obviously been counterfeited; or capping all 4 streets with low set when it's obviously no good. It's hard to imagine someone so good could seem to often have no idea where he is in a hand.

I hope at some point you do comment on the how's and why's, I think there is a lot to learn from his play.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
saying he is "obviously a huge winner"

and

"his style should be easy to emulate"

is a contradiction.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not necessarily true. He may be playing in a way that may make him a near mathematical certainty to win providing people keep folding to him like they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has to be true, otherwise you would have to redefine "huge" of huge winner. Or put another way - if it's so easy - go ahead and emulate it yourself, I'm sure many would like to have his hourly earn.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:37 PM

DERB plays v well postflop, thats all im gonna say...
he has one huge leak and that is paying off the river w/ hands that will never ever win. like, never.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he has one huge leak and that is paying off the river w/ hands that will never ever win. like, never.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of an impact do you think these payoffs have the next time someone is considering bluffing him? Couldnt throwing away a full BB into one pot in exchange for winning the entire next pot because they are afraid to bluff you be a good trade?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:41 PM

Can someone post some hands?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
other decent threads

[/ QUOTE ]
what other decent threads, there hasn't been anything worth reading or thinking about on here for a few days at least.
dave
Old 11-02-2005, 03:59 PM

I'm with Mr. Prock in that is was one of the most meaningful threads ever in that it's very possible that a lot of 2+2 dogma may be misguided. However, that thread was a jungle. Tough to have anymore meaningful poker discussion in that thread. I think a new one would be a good idea.

I don't have an accurate update of DERB. I know someone does and I hope they post it. I'd like to see his results filtered for 8+ and less. I would expect him to be a loser 8+ and a winner in the shorter games. He's probably a monster with 4 players or less.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:12 PM

Bad judgement dcfr. Unlock it. Cmon now.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldnt throwing away a full BB into one pot in exchange for winning the entire next pot because they are afraid to bluff you be a good trade?

[/ QUOTE ]
hand yesterday... MP opens, DERB 3bet, MP capit. HU.

MP is tight passive... not too good. his cap mean TT-AA, AK i think.

flop Q83
checkcall
turn 2
checkcheck
river 8
betcall

MP shows JJ, winner.
DERB mucks A4.
serious.

that river call is a winning play? LOL!