Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker $1M hand

I don't think your raise is that bad because it is going to give you a lot of info, particularly if this guy pays any attention to your table image.

You have given yourself a chance to get away from the hand if you really want to and also a chance to see where you stand.

To me the min raise is either real strength or real weakness. His re-raise is showing real strength. In all likelihood you are behind here and now it is a question as to whether you want to gamble.

Had he just called I would have pushed on the flop.

I wouldn't take the long pause as weakness either, I quite often find this is a show of strength when they are making this kind of move.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:28 AM

most people after thinking a long time will fold. if he pushes after a huge think, it usually represents a big hand that is slow playing the "time it takes me" tell
Old 10-24-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some reads on the player would be nice. This is impossible to answer without.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez I feel bad for you when you get moved to a new table or have only played like 10-20 hands at your current table. Every hand must be "impossible" to play. Good thing we are never faced with that situaton when playing online!

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man, I know. I play lots of online tournaments, so yes I can do without reads. Its just this is a very borderline decision IMO, and I don't think folding or calling is significantly more EV than the other, thats why I think we need a read to push it over the edge in one direction. Barring a read, I say, "It's late position action, so I'm calling..." then I see his TT and smile. Or I see his AK and cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, the point is that you won't always have a read when you play, so the absence of one in the original post, probably means that the poster (and yourself if you were playing the hand from the posters point of view) doesn't have a read. So try to just answer it anwyay, as you did in your last response [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 04:21 PM

i either just call, or push. The raise to 1000 is an awkward amount, and i'd almost want to fold to a push after raising to that.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:06 PM

I love the way you played this hand, especially when you called the allin instantly. Most players make the mistake of waiting too long to call and end up losing the hand, because time is clearly of the essence when making decisions like this.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:21 PM

i would just call pre-flop, cause playing in position is suh-weet. once he pushes, i vomit and call.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:24 PM

I don't like a call here. 700 chips is plenty as it is, he is in LP, and your AQ will usually miss. So I make it 1400, shrug and call his push, and then river quads. Rivering quads is fun.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
once he pushes, i vomit and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 10-27-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like a call here. 700 chips is plenty as it is, he is in LP, and your AQ will usually miss. So I make it 1400, shrug and call his push, and then river quads. Rivering quads is fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't say i was going to check/fold every time my AQ misses. and if you reraise and he calls, you're left with one pot-sized bet. he's going to check his made hands to you and you're going to go broke (right?)

i dunno, i could go either way. raising certainly isn't bad.