Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Running Ice Cold. Is This A Normal Downswing or Has The Plane Crashed?

Ice cold?

Hahahahaha, you think down 15 buy ins in 50 games is ice cold?

Wait until you hit a streak of 25 out of the money IN A ROW .

And as to citanul's comments, just remember some posters here have played 200 games IN A DAY .
Old 09-26-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Running Ice Cold. Is This A Normal Downswing or Has The Plane Cras

What i think Citanul meant was do search 1st or even read the FAQ b4 posting.

Anyway, I've have a 0% ROI over 649 games and Raptor has 2 different 0% streaks lasting 1k games.

Here, read THIS
Old 09-26-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Running Ice Cold. Is This A Normal Downswing or Has The Plane Crashed?

Variance is much easier to understand than how to play poker.

You have been around long enough that you should know that 200 is no sample size.

People who don't know you can't answer whether you should play or not.

There's one person in this thread that I know of who has played SNG's for more than a year, dwarfs your sample size and your hoped for ROI, often offers detailed advice on how to play poker, and you called him a [censored].
Old 09-26-2005, 05:21 PM

the censored part was c.o.c.k. s u c k e r

I guess you can delete this obscene post.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I truly believe I am a solid player.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you rate your driving abilites? Above average or below average? There are very few people who would rank themselves as below average, even though you would expect 50% of people to be so.

How many players in a typical $20 sng table would rank themselves as a "below average" card player? I'd say pretty close to 0.

The point I am trying to make: Realize that you are playing against 9 other people who think they are "solid players."

I used to think i was a solid player, then I played 1000+ sng's, and vastly improved my game. Then I discovered ICM - how could I have been so blind? My ROI went up dramatically over the next 1000 games as I started pushing 74s on the bubble. I learned some things from Dan Harrington's books. I learn plenty from this board (even though everything seems to be OT now!)

I cant wait for the next piece of information that I will be able to use to get me from being a profitable $33/$55 player into a profitable $109/$215 player.

I'm 4 tabling the $33's with a positive ROI, and I dont think I'm good. There are too many people out there better than me.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:35 PM

Put it this way if my current streak I am in would have occured when I first started playing (around 200) I would have quit poker. It is streaky can not get real read with such a small number of tourns.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:36 PM

I am down 50+ buyins after my last 200 games (see my last OT: post, I posted a graph), but I dropped to the 11s went on a heater and have almost earned it all back now. Things turn around.

I suggest you look into something to hit and kick and scream at while you are on a downswing. It really helps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 05:36 PM

Old 09-26-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You became a moderator treating forum members like this? Skalansky must smoke crack. Or think you give good head. One or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

The regular posters on this forum put a reasonable amount of thought, effort, and experience into their posts and replies.

For you to make a garbage post like this... where you basically say "I am not interested in reading anything, or doing a search, or listening to any of the bajillion posts on the subject," you are insulting everybody who puts effort into this forum.

Citanul is showing remarkable restraint, because if I were the moderator I would delete the post and send you a PM saying that if you aren't even willing to try, don't bother posting anymore.

So, before you feel like you are getting picked on... consider the fact that your post pisses people off.

Irieguy
Old 09-26-2005, 06:17 PM

If you spend a little more time here you will learn to appreciate Citanul's special way of expressing himself.

Oh, and this subject has been beaten to death. Read the FAQ section on variance and downswings.