Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 09-23-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: What is wrong with people? (hurricane-related)

[ QUOTE ]
Hey bitch, it's a total cause and effect picture. Due to the situation that happened in New Orleans...

If Katrina had hit Houston first, there would be flooded buses there as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong again...

The poor, rich, white, black, educated, un-educated, politicians, and buss boys all knew about the

CAUSE : i.e. we live in a hurricane prone area with inadequete drainage...

AND THE

Effect: eventually levies will break and people will die.

Those you chose to be ignorant receive 87% less compassion from me.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:16 PM

My post wasn't directed at you. You are absolutely right that everyone knew about the problems.

My point is that the only reason inner-city people are leaving Houston on buses is because of what we've all seen in New Orleans. If Katrina hadn't come first, you wouldn't see nearly as much evacuation effort in Houston as we are seeing now, thus making the picture in question very ignorant and hurtful.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I blame Bush

[/ QUOTE ]

Just come out and say it: you blame the nigger mayor of New Orleans and its nigger residents for what happened.

Don't hide your ignorance and racism behind a tasteless picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the mayor is pretty dumb. I mean those pumps should be on stilts, a city that depends on levee's for it's very survival should have atleast 1 heavy lifting helicopter w/ sandbags ready to go. Also, those buses in your picture are Nagin's fault because of liability fears. Also it apparently took a personal call from the president to urge the governor to order the mandatory evacuation for it to finally happen.

So, by your rational of using race. The "niger mayor" really is dumb. And the cracka mayor actually has a brain.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:33 PM

I was on the road out of Houston because I lived in a mandatory evac. zone on the edge of Galveston county. In my 26 hour trip out of Houston to Plano, I didn't see looting per se. What I did see in grocery stores and convenient stores on the way out was alot of just straight up shoplifting, by taking advantage of the mass amounts of people in the store at the same time.

I wouldn't be suprised if people are looting in the south part of Houston right now since its a ghost town in most of the towns out there.

Thanks Hurricane Rita for the worst road trip of my life.

There was one redeeming quality on the trip was to be one of the first 10 people to drive 45S northbound, do upwards of 100mph pass cops and laugh. Good times.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Life appears so simple through the eyes of a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take your word for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 09-24-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Hurtful?

If this is just an example of Houston learning from New Orleans -- then which state was it that taught Houston how to provision the Astrodome? As you recall, Houston made the Astrodome available immediately -- the reason they could do that is because it was already stocked with food, water, cots, etc., in preparation for a hurricane. Certainly it was easier for Houston, having water and power -- but, interestingly -- the Astrodome also had generators and portable toilets on hand.

Is there some reason you don't want to admit that Louisiana is run by thieves and incompetent boobs?
Old 09-24-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Taco Bell ordering

[ QUOTE ]
You really should go ahead and just loot a taco bell before you get into the hardcore looting. It makes everything so much easier. They also can't [censored] up your order that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, I'm not the only one that has had this problem.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Hurtful?

I don't usually agree with Sheetwise but he has a good point here. New Orleans was and is run by corrupt, incompetent morons and it bit them in the ass. Though, to be fair to them, they got hit a lot worse than anyone has ever been hit. But they sure weren't ready for much.

I wouldn't completely blame the mayor but the whole political system in New Orleans needs fixing. You can be a corrupt city that goes Democrat without being mind numbingly incompetent and inefficient i.e. Chicago.

I think it's fair to say when your elected officials are beholden to poor, uneducated,underemployed masses you will tend to get a government full of people better at talking than getting things done. How else do you explain Marion Barry getting elected to the city council of the nation's capital after getting caught smoking crack with a hooker on CAMERA?

On the same token President Bush is a moron who was annointed the Republican nominee for President because the ultrarich could rely on him to be on "their side." Hence the obsession with tax cuts for the wealthy, the push for repeal of the estate tax, and reckless spending geared towards large corporations as opposed to lower income individuals. And this country is paying the price - he is like the kid who takes over his dad's company and runs it right into the ground with a confused look on his face.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just come out and say it: you blame the nigger mayor of New Orleans and its nigger residents for what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the left over people had attitudes like yours... I don't feel so bad for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

ie. the victims left in NO were by and large race baiters and not really worth saving...........

WARNING: Approaching BGC territory. Continue at the risk of losing absolutely all legitimacy and presumption of seriousness. You've been warned.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:59 AM

Default Re: What is wrong with people? (hurricane-related)..maybe

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]..maybe; just maybe: it is culture; or racially motivated

jmho

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]