Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 02:49 AM

Default AJs in BB with limpers in middle stages of Party 20

So I am the medium stack with 5100 chips in Party 40k guaranteed. The blinds are 150/300. 400 out of 2200 remain. I came to the table with 8000, the table has seen me go all in on a flush draw (A3s and miss), so they probably think I am loose player.

To the hand. Everyone folds to a CO(2300) who limps for 300 for the 10th time or 11th time. The SB(9500) calls the 150. I have AJ suited, I am pretty sure that I have the best hand. So to pick up the 900 chips (300 from CO + 300 SB + 300 BB of my chips), I go all in for 5100. I was thinking of raising to 1200, but SB likes to call too much, so I wanted to take the easy way out. Thoughts?
Old 12-17-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: AJs in BB with limpers in middle stages of Party 20

I normally shutter in fear of folks with 2300 in chips who limp for 300, but since he's been making a habit of it, we can't take him seriously.

SB has the chips to complete with any two and muscle around after the flop, even if OOP.

Personally, I like the push and use this move often myself (very rarely getting called and very, very rarly getting called by a hand that is dominating me)

CO may make a stand with KQ, KT, horribly played small pairs, but that's a risk worth taking.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:29 AM

Well the looose CO folded, and SB was thinking about it for a while. I thought he had a crappy pair, so I didn't want him to call. However he called with Ace King. Suprised anybody would limp with that hand, thats not good play right?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I like the push and use this move often myself (very rarely getting called and very, very rarly getting called by a hand that is dominating me) )

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops.

Awful play in my opinion. There's 850 out there just begging to be picked up against limp-crazy cutoff and BB, so with his stack size, I'd be raising with air here. AK just magnifies the point.