Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 07:51 PM

Default This guy PFRed me 700 Str8 hands and beat me for 3k!

Playing the other day On Party.. Horrible player, so I called him out to play heads up..

HE agreed and proceeded to preflop raise me from either position over 700 hands in a row. He beat me for almost 3k.. It truly didnt matter what I did, he seemed to hit 2 pair or better 50% of the flops and when he didnt he would just call til the river and catch runner runners..

I have been playing online for 4 years and have never seen anything quite like it.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: This guy PFRed me 700 Str8 hands and beat me for 3k!

From what I've heard, Party sucks for HU play. Button structure is wrong, and there are problems with the rake structure as well.

I definitely wouldn't play HU against a LAG unless I had a good counter to it.

Rob
Old 01-07-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing the other day On Party.. Horrible player, so I called him out to play heads up..

HE agreed and proceeded to preflop raise me from either position over 700 hands in a row. He beat me for almost 3k.. It truly didnt matter what I did, he seemed to hit 2 pair or better 50% of the flops and when he didnt he would just call til the river and catch runner runners..

I have been playing online for 4 years and have never seen anything quite like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think it was just bad luck or is it because you weren't adapting to his maniacal play?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:09 PM

It was truly bad luck.. There isnt a whole lot I could do to be honest. He was pfring every hand and then turned into a magical calling station post flop and hit nearly every draw possible. I was waiting and waiting for his piss poor play to shine through but it just never happened.

HE literally pfred evry hand and i bet he called til river 90% post flop he was a freakiing leprechaun or something
Old 01-07-2005, 08:18 PM

Do you play in HU matches often? His play sounds pretty normal from what I've seen in HU matches.

Rob
Old 01-07-2005, 08:28 PM

How often did you fold the BB to his raise?
How often did you 3-bet?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:34 PM

I rarely folded to his raises after the first 50 hands or so. Its pretty hard to fold when I know that he isnt even looking at his cards before he raises.. I 3 bet him occasionally, usually with k-9 or better as I figured i was probably ahead.

I play heads up all the time, I make a living isolating garbage players like that, but my lord, this guy was something else.

Also, as far as your comment on this being normal play, I have played 60 hours plus a week for the last 4 years and never in all of that time have I seen someone pfr 700 hands in a row and win.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played 60 hours plus a week for the last 4 years and never in all of that time have I seen someone pfr 700 hands in a row and win.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, maybe this guy is the first
Old 01-07-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, as far as your comment on this being normal play, I have played 60 hours plus a week for the last 4 years and never in all of that time have I seen someone pfr 700 hands in a row and win.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an awful lot of poker. Guess he was just super lucky.

The only reason I asked is you didn't really post much that sounded like you were wondering about strategy, etc., in a strategy-based forum.

Also, you obviously already know this, but isolating a maniac in a multiway game and playing a pot against them HU is very different than playing them HU 700 hands in a row.

Sounds like you were adjusting properly preflop if you were 3-betting the top 60% of your hands.

Rob
Old 01-08-2005, 07:59 PM

Aggression always is good headsup. But I guess the fluctuations must have been very much in favor of your opponent. Sometimes happens to the super-loosies, no one wins as much in a session than a loosie on a very hot streak.