Default Desert Poker & Sunset Sports*** Stay away, NO MONEY

If you have an account with Desert Poker, of the prima group, or Sunset
Sports, I suggest getting your money out ASAP. These two sites are run by
a crook and scam artist. He owes a group of players $11K and has stalled
us off for the past five weeks with promises to pay....but has never paid
and now can't pay. GET YOUR MONEY OUT NOW, and cross your fingers while
waiting for it. If you are looking for a poker site or sports book, STAY
AWAY FROM THESE TWO... there are too many good sites out there, nobody
needs this aggravation from these two...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Desert Poker & Sunset Sports*** Stay away, NO MONEY

[ QUOTE ]
If you have an account with Desert Poker, of the prima group

[/ QUOTE ]

The news broke here awhile back that Desert Poker wasn't paying. However, they are not a Prima cardroom. They are a stand alone Dobrosoft room.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:46 PM

they are now part of the prima group...they thought this would stop their worries about not paying players they had when using the Dobrasoft software..Prima is supposed to have some good safeguards in place to eliminate a bad site or at least a bad reputation site from joining them. How Bobby Torello(sp)the owner of Desert and Sunset sports, got by this was by slipping under Prima's radar and having another group, BETUSA, sign Desert Poker under them...this brings back the old saying " Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you what you are". In this case business partners...If BETUSA would get into bed with Torello and his Desert and Sunset fiasco, then I have to assume BETUSA is the same type of operation. I would stay away from all of them, If I had any accounts with them I would cash out..Too many other good sites out there to deal with these type of people. I'm surprised that PRIMA wouldn't want to know how this happened..
Old 11-19-2004, 04:48 PM

As a follow-up, I am very surprised that PRIMA would allow a site with the reputation of stiffing their players get involved with their network...I thought Prima was a reputable network, but now have second thoughts.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:46 PM

Larger businesses buy poorly run, smaller businesses all the time. Accusing the larger company of having the same practices as the company they purchase is unfair. I appreciate your warning on Desert, but I'm not too worried about Prima.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2004, 06:05 PM

I fully understand the practice of larger buying smaller, but that is not the case here..this is the same company and same owner doing the same business. The idea of slipping in under BETUSA, was to circumvent the policy of Prima, which is, in order to buy a skin from prima you are to show that all accounts have been paid or put up the money to cover all accounts still active.
There are two issues here. Number one being the underhanded way of trying to get past that prima policy, which must have been cooridinated by both desert and betusa.
Two, Desert poker had some non payment rumblings before they made the move and you would think that Prima would do their investigation before allowing a site to become part of thier group. That is of course, unless Prima is not concerned with what sites join their group and only interested in selling skins.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:28 PM

What I can't believe, is that someone is foolish enough to have money in a dead sight like Desert. It didn't take more than a few months to realize this one was going down the toilet.

How the heck did you get to the point of having money on Desert after all this time? You must of been a prop.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:10 PM

yes, we were a group of props that deposited our own money, some of us won some money, and of course earned some money..All of this money we were cheated out of.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:17 PM

I only had a couple hundread dollars on Desert Poker, but as a group they stiffed us over 11,000 dollars and they wont hesitate to take yours. So dont deposit or get your money out quick.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:19 PM

Please respond here if you are one of the people that this site ripped off. This site is still operating under Prima Poker and needs to be stopped. Apparently Prima is not concerned that one of their sites does this. Poker players need to let Prima know we will not tolerate their network being used by a site like this.