Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: King Yao \"Weighing the Odds\"

[ QUOTE ]
Im glad I purchased the book. It has helped me to understand some topics that I was not clear on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Weighing The Odds has helped me more than any other poker book for limit hold'em. The shorthand section puts this book ahead of Holdem For Advanced Players, IMO. I purchased SSHE but haven't had time to read it yet.

I don't use DIPO for online play but it seems like a good system to use during live play to keep track of the pot and odds. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Re: King Yao \"Weighing the Odds\"

[ QUOTE ]

I don't use DIPO for online play but it seems like a good system to use during live play to keep track of the pot and odds. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a waste of time, learn to eyeball the pot and count bets. There is enough to think about in B&M poker without having to do calculations in your head. Knowing precise odds is really really unimportant, since situations where precise odds are needed, are rare and probably close anyways. Just know the usual situations and the odds associated with them.