Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 08:36 AM

Default First Checkup (15K), Help me figure out why I suck....

Ok, I haven’t posted these stats ever before, so this is my first checkup. Also, I was trying to improve on my numbers so as not to be embarrassed. I have resigned to the fact that I have a TON of work to do on my game, since I can’t beat some of the softest sites and a relatively low level. I was able to beat the .25-50 level for the tune of over $600 and 7 BB/100. I have since moved to .50-1, and haven’t had any such luck at all. My biggest problem has been at Party and Empire, which I have yet to win at all, only 1 or 2 nights even where I have come out ahead. So, here are my stats, I will give you my impression of them. Please let me know why I suck and the spots I need to improve. Thanks.

All right, let the games begin. I am trying to get the tight aggressive game. I know that I am tight, but am I a little too loose? The 17% VPIP seemed to work really well for the .25-50, but since I have moved up a level, I have added some hands, but it doesn’t seem to have helped. Here are my pathetic aggression numbers at the .50-1 level:

Here are my stats for each hand. Of course, One pair is a big loser. Is this an indication that I take too many tptk or pocket pair to the river? Should I fold more with these hands to aggression?

Probably the worst checkup numbers you have seen (thank goodness for bonuses). Thanks again for the input.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: First Checkup (15K), Help me figure out why I suck....

Strange stats.

For the .5/1 full ring game, your VP and PFR are both fine. That's not your problem.

You don't seem to be stealing enough or defending enough, but that's not a big enough problem to account for your losses at this level.

I was going to say you might be kind of weak tight as your WSD is pretty low, but that doesn't seem consistent with your low-ish AF.

Try responding to some threads. I don't see anything in your stats that cries out as an obvious issue.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this an indication that I take too many tptk or pocket pair to the river? Should I fold more with these hands to aggression?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have huge losses with one pair, also. I think these stats include any time you have a pair and (a) make it to the river and (b) fold before the river. So, the one-pair stats probably include a lot of hands where you saw the flop (maybe from the BB for free), flopped a crap pair, and folded.

This almost has to be the case, because how many times are you going to make it to the river when it's 10-handed with high card? Not very often, yet you and me both have big losses there.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:02 AM

I think you are just running bad at the moment. You were running hot at .25/.50 and I think the variance kicked in when you made the move to .5/1. I predict a massive upswing in your future.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:04 AM

Your stats all seem to be within an acceptable range for a winning player. The only thing I noticed was that aggression postflop was a tad low, so it might be something to work on, but it shouldn't be bad enough to swing a winning player to a losing one.

It's still possible that you're just having a bad run -- the more prolific players on the board have posted 10k stretches where they were breakeven or losers. Note that your win rate over 6k hands at your previous level is (a) statistically insigificant and (b) probably not something that you can expect to sustain at .5/1 anyhow.

[ QUOTE ]
Here are my stats for each hand. Of course, One pair is a big loser. Is this an indication that I take too many tptk or pocket pair to the river? Should I fold more with these hands to aggression?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to check the "show only hands that were not folded" box in PT. Once you do that, all your hands except high card should be green.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:07 AM

Is your "Show hands not folded" checkbox on?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:07 AM

You definitely are not aggressive enough on the flop. A lot more of those checks should be bets or folds (although you already fold a lot). I think you may be playing a little weak tight and not protecting your hands as much as you should.

Can you post your position tab? Your overall preflop stats look pretty solid from your general tab info, but there may be something hiding there.

You might want to try filtering only VPIP hands and looking at your top ten losing hands.

Your stats are strange, but it's hard to tell what's wrong from just the information you provided.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are just running bad at the moment. You were running hot at .25/.50 and I think the variance kicked in when you made the move to .5/1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to agree -- there's probably some element of this as well. You (OP) have to remember that poker is a series of ups and downs. You can't take your best winning stretch (which will be heavily due to variance) and then extrapolate that over your worst losing stretch (again, mostly due to variance) and conclude that you now suck.

Note that if you average out your .25/.5 and .5/1 hands in terms of BB, you're actually still a 1BB/100 winner over about 20k hands.

[ QUOTE ]
I predict a massive upswing in your future.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP should consider moving up to 1/2 to take advantage of this [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 10:19 AM

Just a quick glance and I'd say that you're not agg enough post-flop. Just a bit more would be fine.

I'd like to see your pfr% at about 1/2 of your vp$ip at the .50/1 level.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:25 AM

You are folding winners. Get to showdowns more.

-DeathDonkey