Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 12-21-2005, 06:42 PM
wegs the wegs wegs the wegs is offline
Member

Default The Stars VIP Guessing Game

[ QUOTE ]
However, we do plan to introduce a VIP program (soon) which will give substantial awards to high volume players. For instance, how'd you like to trade your FPPs for a WSOP, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure or European Poker Tour package?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kill some time with me. Going off this statement and the small dead end link in the cashier box, let's throw out guesses on what you believe the Stars VIP will consist of. I'll start it off.

ETA:

New announcements will be posted on Stars Jan 2 stating that the VIP program will be established later in the month.

Bonuses:

I doubt they will offer a "# Hands = $ Bonus" like Party offers varying from player to player. I think they will offer maybe an extra deposit bonus every month or so for VIP members, nothing too elaborate.

FPP's:

Basing the fact that TOP costs 2000 FPP's in their store and the selling price is $30 (rounding for ease) making it $0.015 a point. Following that math, a $12000 package for a WSOP seat should cost 800,000 FPP. Anyone have that many in their account? I think they increase the distribution of FPP's for VIP players.

Your turn. Take a shot. Have fun.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:36 PM
LotsOfOuts69 LotsOfOuts69 is offline
Senior Member

Old 12-22-2005, 07:19 AM
excession excession is offline
Junior Member

Well Lee said that this VIP program would be so good as to lay the issue of non-availability of rake-back at Stars to bed..

LOL - I'll believe that when I see it...
Old 12-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Matty Matty is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]
Well Lee said that this VIP program would be so good as to lay the issue of non-availability of rake-back at Stars to bed..

LOL - I'll believe that when I see it...

[/ QUOTE ]Oh, come on. We can do math too Lee.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:36 AM
excession excession is offline
Junior Member

Unfortunately until he does something that equates to rakeback in $$/hands played terms, Stars is always going to be a 2nd tier site for serious ring players...
Old 12-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Guest

[ QUOTE ]
Well Lee said that this VIP program would be so good as to lay the issue of non-availability of rake-back at Stars to bed..

LOL - I'll believe that when I see it...

[/ QUOTE ]

This from the same man who said he didn't understand the fuss about rakeback!!! C'mon Lee!
Old 12-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Guest

I still think the best compromise here is for Stars to allow players to buy bonus dollars with FPPs. The players ultimately get cash but by making it bonus dollars the site ensures that the player continues to play there to get that cash.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:24 PM
LotsOfOuts69 LotsOfOuts69 is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
I still think the best compromise here is for Stars to allow players to buy bonus dollars with FPPs. The players ultimately get cash but by making it bonus dollars the site ensures that the player continues to play there to get that cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

It cant be any type of bonus dollar scheme, that too close to what they already have.

Everyone knows you can take your 3600 FPP over to the 1-table sit-n-go to get into the $530 every month. You could unregister from that and take the 530 T$.

There are already ways to turn your FPP's into cash that involve playing on the site. I want things where my play/FPPs gets me items/trips where I don't have to play in another tourny to win them.

I want reward for my normal play, not incentives to waste my time playing other tournies seperate from what I normally play.

I played in a few of the 1,000/10,000 FPP tournies to get to Atlantis (unsuccessfully), all that happened is that I wasted a crap load of my FPPs and many hours of my time. My reward = 0, plus stars got ZERO rake from me while I wasted my time in these FPP events as opposed to playing my regular games.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:51 AM
augie00 augie00 is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]
Well Lee said that this VIP program would be so good as to lay the issue of non-availability of rake-back at Stars to bed..

LOL - I'll believe that when I see it...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but lee doesn't seem to understand how much money we lose by coming to stars if we're playing, say, 60k hands of 5/10 6max every month
Old 12-22-2005, 04:00 PM
roueful roueful is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]

yeah, but lee doesn't seem to understand how much money we lose by coming to stars if we're playing, say, 60k hands of 5/10 6max every month

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he might have an inkling of an idea, in the form of some small smudges on the left side of star's ledger.