Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: A7soooooted. play along?

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn. Is this close?

[/ QUOTE ]
no
Old 12-19-2005, 04:53 PM

preflop and flop are goot. turn is a bet.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not quite getting the preflop hositility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either. What the hell is going on around here lately with all this? Just because the SSHE Tight chart says fold doesn't mean that folding is correct. Those charts are not meant to be rigidly followed.

Fwiw, I used to limp all suited aces from UTG when I played 2/4, and they showed a profit. UTG has already called here, I think playing A7s is CERTAINLY profitable for a good player in this spot.

On the way back, I'd fold... but I really don't have any mathematical evidence as to why. I don't like being oop with a hand that easily could be dominated which would give yucky reverse implieds in a big pot.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (21.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Things are looking more promising - looking more &amp; more like two big A hands have missed and you're measely pair of 7's might be best --&gt; BET.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise to make it unprofitable for 3 outers (AK, AQ) to call this.(they still will, they just won't know that they are not getting the right odds.)
Plus, some weak overs can fold too.
Yes, I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, let's make some assumptions. Let's say I just call and bring along 2 of the players beind me, beefing the pot up to about 26sb, or 13bb. Let's also say that BB leads again and UTG calls again, and I then raise. I face the field with 8.5:1 odds, meaning I protect against anyone with fewer than 5 outs. This is being generous, though. If the action is a bit slower on the turn, then I protect against maybe 5-outers also. I don't know how to handle the fact that MP3 is still left to act (although she didn't cap pf, so this could easily reduce her to passivity, especially on a dry flop like this). If I raise now, then it could get even worse for me when BB 3-bets.

All in all, I decided to raise to the flop to protect against 3-outers and also get some dirty 6-outers to fold (I would probably fold KQ or JT if this flop was raised, where I would possibly call for one bet). With 4 players behind me, I think I need to push this edge now.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn. Is this close?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop: (21.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Turn: (13.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero ...
Old 12-19-2005, 05:54 PM

I really want to keep betting. I figure BB has AK, maybe AQ, but it could be he's just getting scared with JJ or something. I sort of expect him to make a crying call too (pot's big, can't fold in big pots, etc). UTG, well no draw that he's likely on came in on the river, so I'm again tempted to bet and watch him fold a busted draw or call with a worse seven or a six. Presumably call a c/r.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:58 PM

value bet and get called by A-hi in one spot?
Old 12-19-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not quite getting the preflop hositility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either. What the hell is going on around here lately with all this? Just because the SSHE Tight chart says fold doesn't mean that folding is correct. Those charts are not meant to be rigidly followed.

Fwiw, I used to limp all suited aces from UTG when I played 2/4, and they showed a profit. UTG has already called here, I think playing A7s is CERTAINLY profitable for a good player in this spot.

On the way back, I'd fold... but I really don't have any mathematical evidence as to why. I don't like being oop with a hand that easily could be dominated which would give yucky reverse implieds in a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't speak for the rest of the people that are hostile about the preflop play, but when I said fold it was specifically directed toward calling the 3-bet. When I played 2/4 I had a VPIP of close to 21 and limped all suited aces UTG.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:43 PM

It wasn't that suggesting a preflop fold is wrong, it was just the whole idea that "OMG SSHE doesn't say to play that, how dare you deviate from SSHE??" In all fairness, though, it came from newer posters, and learning poker and how to play things situationally takes time, so I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. In any event, I think I'd still call the two cold, but I don't think either decision, absent further info, is horribly wrong.