Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 10:45 AM

Default I hate this hand

15/30 at Wynn, late in the night after two remaining games got combined into one. Game is pretty insane with 3 calling stations, 2 "thinking" maniacs and the rest are rocks. I'm not sure what is my image for the most part because everyone seems to be drunk, however i do know that i have played exactly one hand in my 3 orbits at the table and showed down AK.

So, I'm in small blind with KK. Maniac number one raises UTG+1 which means 2 cards. Maniac 2 floats from MP. Calling station who makes a big deal of his playing abilities, calls "time" on every hand and gives [censored] to dealers for reasons like "you don't say Thank You loud enough when i give you a tip" cold calls on the button, I threebet, BB folds and the rest call.

Four of us to the rainbow flop of A Q 5 , suits unimportant. I lead, maniac one raises, maniac 2 cold calls, button cold calls without hesitation and that guy doesn't drink from his glass without hesitation. I call.

Turn is a blank, i check, it's a bet and 2 calls to me, i fold.

Meh ?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: I hate this hand

13:1 is not enough for a two-outer.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
15/30 at Wynn, late in the night after two remaining games got combined into one. Game is pretty insane with 3 calling stations, 2 "thinking" maniacs and the rest are rocks. I'm not sure what is my image for the most part because everyone seems to be drunk, however i do know that i have played exactly one hand in my 3 orbits at the table and showed down AK.

So, I'm in small blind with KK. Maniac number one raises UTG+1 which means 2 cards. Maniac 2 floats from MP. Calling station who makes a big deal of his playing abilities, calls "time" on every hand and gives [censored] to dealers for reasons like "you don't say Thank You loud enough when i give you a tip" cold calls on the button, I threebet, BB folds and the rest call.

Four of us to the rainbow flop of A Q 5 , suits unimportant. I lead, maniac one raises, maniac 2 cold calls, button cold calls without hesitation and that guy doesn't drink from his glass without hesitation. I call.

Turn is a blank, i check, it's a bet and 2 calls to me, i fold.

Meh ?

[/ QUOTE ]
You played the hand fine. If theres any variation to this hand that's acceptable, you could check the flop. It would be the kind of check, where youre trying to gage where you are at. Since if your ahead a free card is unlikey to hurt you, you can check and watch how the action develops and then make your decision. But if you think betting will define your hand better and make it less likely that you will lay down the winner than thats a reason to bet. I still think you played your hand fine, what else can you do....damn those ace magnets!!
Old 09-07-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be good here.
I've decided to call the flop to see what develops, but i don't think I can continue with the hand after turn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Calling station folded on the river, maniac 2 beat maniac 1 with a kicker to his pair of queens.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be good here.
I've decided to call the flop to see what develops, but i don't think I can continue with the hand after turn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Calling station folded on the river, maniac 2 beat maniac 1 with a kicker to his pair of queens.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does that saying go again, "If you never lay down the best hand than your calling too much" With 3 people that liked this flop its hard to believe that one of them didnt have an ace, but this situation happens from time to time. You made the right decision to fold the turn. It was a percentage move that will save you more money in the long run than calling down and occasionally wining in these spots. Everytime you fold theres a chance youre laying down the winner, all you can do is make the right play based on the probabilities of the situation. You made the right play.