Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 07:59 PM

Default KEM broken card - What do I do now?

Hey guys, I have a set of KEM florence cards and one of the cards had a corner break off during dealing. It was only the second tourney I used the cards so it wasn't due to extended use. I just don't know the best route to remedy the situation with KEM out of action right now. Am I just stuck waiting? I bought them off of ebay and don't feel I will have much luck going to the seller with a complaint. Any suggestions or comments from anyone who has dealt recently with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Re: KEM broken card - What do I do now?

My defective KEMs are sitting on a shelf waiting for KEM to tool back up or whatever. Check out Copag, I just used some for the first time this week and I like them a lot.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:54 PM

I second that. Until Kem gets back on line, so you can send for a replacement card, get a deck of Copags.

Afterwards you can decide which company's cards you like better. I have both.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:41 PM

I'm pretty psyched. I just got my Copags on ebay and the shipping was only .99 plus I got a dealer button for free. I like them a lot. I almost ordered off a website and the shipping was like 6 bucks.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:46 PM

Thanks guys. I just thought maybe someone had dealt with KEM recently and I had missed the post. Damn KEM and their low-quality cards. My cards had bleeding ink, spots on the backs, broke, and now I can't get them replaced. Looks like the move to Copags will have to happen. As a follow-up, are there any Copag decks to stay away from due to known problems? I would like to pick some up ASAP I but don't want to run into the same problem. Thanks again for the help.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:48 PM

Can you tell me what ebayer you ordered from, or link the auction for me? This sounds like a nice deal and I also have been seeing shipping for around 5 bucks everywhere. Thanks. Also, how was the selection of styles (poker/bridge, regular/super index, etc.)?
Old 12-17-2004, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty psyched. I just got my Copags on ebay and the shipping was only .99 plus I got a dealer button for free. I like them a lot. I almost ordered off a website and the shipping was like 6 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF??? What ebay store?
Old 12-17-2004, 03:49 PM

http://stores.ebay.com/BUY-IT-NOW_COPAG-cards
Old 12-17-2004, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you tell me what ebayer you ordered from, or link the auction for me? This sounds like a nice deal and I also have been seeing shipping for around 5 bucks everywhere. Thanks. Also, how was the selection of styles (poker/bridge, regular/super index, etc.)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sorry, I should have done that. It was one like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...56217&rd=1 but I emailed her first and she has all the sizes, etc.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:21 PM

I would avoid the suited Copags,I bought a set of these and the problem is both decks look the same.The only difference is a thin rectangle which is hard to see if the lighting isn't good.I've had to put each deck in a different case so they don't get mixed up.I would still recomend Copags they are great cards,just get a different design to the suits.