Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 12-27-2005, 08:04 PM

Default hold my hand, I\'m dumb

I've been playing online poker for years. I'm a winning low stakes player, familiar with the game, but terribly computer illiterate.

This lack of computer literacy has really hurt my game because I haven't got pokertracker or pokerace or anything like that. So I decided I need to improve my game, and that not having pokertracker is really hurting my win rate.

I would really really appreciate if somebody could hold my hand in the whole process. I am pretty slow with the whole technology thing, and I need very simple step by step instructions. So if somebody could please give me step by step directions on how to get the different softwares I would need, and how to make them work in conjunction with each other I would be VERY VERY thankful.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: hold my hand, I\'m dumb

lane-

Here are links to both sites:

Poker Tracker

PokerAce

Both sites have forums just like this one where you can get specific guidance for each.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:59 AM

Default Re: hold my hand, I\'m dumb

Poker Tracker has it's own forums with very specific "Frequently Asked Questions" sections.

Also Poker Tracker itself has a help section about how to set it up.

The Poker Tracker application looks very daunting at first, due to the sheer volume of information it presents to you.

But that aside, you just install it like any other programme. Then just go into the set-up section and tell it where to find the hand histories from the site you play on.

The hand histories are text files that are sent to your PC the second a hand is finished. Poker tracker will read these files and add their information to a database of statistics.

Poker ACE HUD (Heads Up Display) will "talk" to Poker Tracker and Superimpose the key statistics on top of the table image, next to each player as appropriate. Saves you flicking back and forth to the Poker Tracker programme while you are playing.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Ian