Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: BS KK AA

Thank you. I go the 3.4% number from a thread linked in the small stakes holdem NL forum.

Maybe I have been overplaying them as well. The games I play in are pretty crazy and very agressive so I have to think If I am out of line with my bets here.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:02 PM

The point REALLY is that no matter where 3.4 came from,
it is an AVERAGE statistic. Figures must converge for them
to become meaningful. Over 1,000,000 hands you will
see a better trend; to say you are "over the mark" so to speak
is based on a small sample size. Sample size is an area where
size DOES matter! On the 1Mth hand your averages should be
g00t.

-ZEN
Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 PM

Ok good, cause I have made as much with pocket duces as I have with KK [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I was just getting annoyed and wanted to blow off some steam after my last KK vs AA debacle, and was getting even more annoyed at the thread lol. It is all good, I will research this myself, and I actually feel better now that all the steam is out. Better to take it out here than on the tables.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Better to take it out here than on the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

[not sarcastic] This is one of the most intelligent things uttered in
this forum [/not sarcastic]

-ZEN
Old 12-23-2005, 03:05 AM

arg nm
Old 12-23-2005, 03:17 AM

Too much strategy for BBV.
Lock thread plzthx.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:14 AM

I personally disagree with the whole "never fold KK preflop" mentality. They say if you have KK there's only a 3% chance that someone else will have AA but if you have KK and someone raises you all-in preflop then there's more than a 3% chance that they have AA.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally disagree with the whole "never fold KK preflop" mentality. They say if you have KK there's only a 3% chance that someone else will have AA but if you have KK and someone raises you all-in preflop then there's more than a 3% chance that they have AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very good point, but given the amount of dead money that ends up in the middle in these situations, calling with KK when you're behind is often a small mistake and folding KK when you're ahead is a huge one.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:52 AM

KK is the gay
Old 12-24-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very good point, but given the amount of dead money that ends up in the middle in these situations, calling with KK when you're behind is often a small mistake and folding KK when you're ahead is a huge one.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are definitely situations where you can fold KK preflop. They are however, extraordinarily rare. I've never folded KK preflop online. I've done it twice live, and one of those times was a tournament bubble situation where I would have folded Aces. The other time was a live NL game where the action went something like this: UTG raises to 6x the BB, UTG +2 Me (I have a tight table image) reraises to 15x the BB, Solid TAG to my left pushes a deep stack. UTG folds. I look down at my KK, also having a deep stack, ponder for a very long time, and fold. I put his hand range at KK-AA to push after a lead by me, and a reraise. He did have AA. However, this was dependent on the fact that it was a live game, I knew the player well, and I couldn't put him on AK or QQ. I'd have a hard time laying down KK preflop online in a non-bubble situation.