Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-15-2005, 03:16 PM

Default AQo

10/20 6-max, 6-handed.

ImASilly1 (37/20 aggro postflop) limps UTG, Wynn_05 (38/23 also aggro) raises, I 3-bet AdQc from button, 45/25 SB calls 3, Silly calls, Wynn calls.

Flop: Ah2s4d. Check, Silly bets, Wynn raises, I 3-bet, Silly calls, Wynn caps, call, call.

Turn: 4c. Silly donks, Wynn calls, I raise planning to fold if 3-bet...
Old 12-15-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: AQo

Also guess I should add that neither is a complete idiot. Silly is actually tough though he overplays a lot.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:05 PM

Looks perfect to me.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:37 PM

It looks like your options are call, fold, or raise [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

You can't fold just yet. Raising will get you more than calling when you're ahead and should lose you the same amount when you're behind. Raise is good.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:43 PM

this is a weird hand. silly misplayed this hand no matter how you look at it.

its hard to imagine silly limped UTG with 22 so hes probably gotta have an ace. unless its A4s youre ok. Wynn didnt cap preflop so its hard to imagine that he has AK, so he also must have a smaller ace.

but why would wynn cap the flop and why would silly take a donk line?

i also raise the turn. i thought about waiting until the river but the problem with that is a highish card might come out counterfeiting someone's kicker and they decide to check.

nh
Old 12-15-2005, 06:58 PM

silly has owned me a couple times by simply donking into me on an obvious board. for example, board is qjj and silly has qj. i think, no way he donks that bc everyone would cr and i raise the turn only to be 3bet.

his range is certainly, 22,44, a4 and maybe 35s. but i think he raises those (except the 35s, which i would discount). i think he raises most good aces pf or if hes being tricky will limp/cap the ak. so im calling down. i dont like lines that allow me to fold against opponents you routinely way overplay their hands. disregarding preflop he is very capable of playing a2-ak this way. i have seen the dude do screwy [censored] like cap the turn with top pair k10.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:16 PM

from either villains perspective, the only hand I see you having is AK AQ AJ AA.
Yet Silly is donking when clearly thats all you can have. I don't think a raise here is good, it gives the opponents a pretty easy fold if they are beat. Having Silly donking 2 streets with Wynn overcalling is the best option IMO. I hate raising, either charging me more when I'm behind or folding when I'm 3 bet against aggros. The flop action is scary, unless u spike a Q, or maybe another A, I don't see putting extra bets in.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:23 PM

Perfect.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Silly is actually tough though he overplays a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously why do you want to give yourself a chance to fold to an opponent like this when you can showdown for the same price. i really dislike this play here.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:42 PM

The thing that really threw me here is that Silly has to know Wynn is betting any turn after he caps the flop so if he has a big hand why on earth wouldn't he checkraise instead of risk knocking me out when Wynn raises? Perhaps he is smart enough to realize that A2 is quite likely for Wynn after flop action and he might now check it? Wynn would proably bet it anyway but still it's reasonable thinking.

As for worries about Silly 3-betting a worse hand.. I know he does a lot of that crap HU but have you seen him get so out of line multiway? I can't recall seeing it. Plus his action is very peculiar and calculated--certainly not a tilter's line. I didn't really consider it possible at the time for him to 3-bet worse than a 4 here, though I do understand your concern. Do you think I'm giving him too much credit for sanity?