Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: AA against LAG

that range is way too narrow. There's 88, 99, 44, KQs etc. Most LAGs would have no qualms calling 3.5 in a big pot with those hands
Old 12-14-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A turn cap is too much. Just call down, planning to raise an A, 2 or 3 on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are planning or raising any 2 or 3 on the river then why not raise any card on the river? Do you really put him on 2-pair on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
Q9 and sets are the most likely holdings that beat us. We win against anything else. Given his turn action, we're behind often on the turn, but what sets could he have that he didn't 3-bet preflop? Rule out queens and possibly nines. That leaves 2s or 3s. Either one of those pairing on the river will reduce the liklihood of him having a set and makes a river raise against his other holdings more profitable.

EDIT: I didn't see that NONER called a cold-cap PF. I thought he called 2 bets. Given that, we can't rule out 999 or QQQ. The river raise is much closer now, but I still feel Q9s is a good part of his range that we're behind.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that range is way too narrow. There's 88, 99, 44, KQs etc. Most LAGs would have no qualms calling 3.5 in a big pot with those hands

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he could still have all those hands after the point where he bets the turn? I could see KQ and 99 at that point, and any other set hands. But you really think 88 and 99?
Old 12-14-2005, 01:51 PM

ive played with noner. after he calls 4 semicold and checkraises this flop i put him on AA, KK or QQ.

i doubt he calls 4 with AQ but its possible. i also think if he called 4 with a weaker pair then QQ and checkraises this flop that he should fold to the turn raise.

even if you assume that sometimes hell have AQ or JJ type of hands and calls down, you have to realize that by raising the turn you need to be ahead >66.6% of the time for raising to be correct if you arent folding to a 3bet.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id just call the turn and call river. i wouldnt put in a raise there but since you did i think you can fold to the 3 bet. btw i know who noner is etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless NONER plays soft against you, that's a pretty soft way to play against him. In about 3k hands with him he's around 40/25/2 sorted for 5-6 handed.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:56 PM

if he has a set its 99. there is no reason to c/r other wise, if he had a set he's either leading the flop or c/c.

Dude is a lag, I havent played w/ Noner, I will be soon though, so it should be fun...but it looks like KQs or AQ to me. Maybe KK. You never said if hes the type to keep the foot on the pedal or not, so he might or might not be the type that backs off, if hes not he can have a pretty good range here. I think we need more info.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:58 PM

oh really hes 40/25/2 in your databases? when i first started playing with him he was too loose preflop and somewhat maniacal, but since playing alot with him lately hes been playing good poker but doesnt extract value on hands enough. the decision of how to play this hand really depends on hand range so its pretty much impossible to answer. you havent played 3k hands with noner have you? i assumed thats part of a shared database?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh really hes 40/25/2 in your databases? when i first started playing with him he was too loose preflop and somewhat maniacal, but since playing alot with him lately hes been playing good poker but doesnt extract value on hands enough. the decision of how to play this hand really depends on hand range so its pretty much impossible to answer. you havent played 3k hands with noner have you? i assumed thats part of a shared database?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't have a shared DB. I've played with NONER probably close to 4k hands overall. He's almost always at the tables when I am. He's been playing more reasonably recently but he's still got a penchant for going 4 bets on the flop with any draw and often most top pairish hands.

Rob
Old 12-14-2005, 02:09 PM

Am I the only one that keeps going on the turn? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Entity, would he ever check-raise a set on this flop, in your opinion? If he doesnt, imo, hes going nutso w/ pair+draw which leaves 1 or 2 obvious hands (most likely hands anyway). or maybe just top pair or KK, who knows. Either that or the most unlikely-est hand of all. (this might be way to specfic for this Lag player, but Im working off what Im hearing/seeing)
Old 12-14-2005, 03:46 PM

Unless my opponent's a station / resilient I usually just three-bet the flop when I have position to put some doubt in them. I'd hate to see the poor guy fold to your turn raise.