Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-11-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Guy tells me that he\'s going to call with any 2

It's a 22. Perfect for a spite push.

unless you are completely serious about the game.
I play for fun as well as profit. and wouldn't it be fun to drive to guy nuts?
Old 12-11-2005, 03:51 PM

i played with this guy at a 22. he said he was calling with anytwo next hand but he also said he was on the leaderboard (i think he actually was). next hand i pushed T7o from SB on the bubble and he instacalled with 93o to bust me.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a 22. Perfect for a spite push.

unless you are completely serious about the game.
I play for fun as well as profit. and wouldn't it be fun to drive to guy nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing is more fun than making money along with +EV pushes
Old 12-11-2005, 08:56 PM

Speaking of using it to your advantage... How do you do that? I pushed some random crapwith 5 BB when the table was still 7 handed at L6. BB woke up with AA, I struck back with the dreaded 4 card straight. As you'd expect, I was the talk of the table because I wasn't shortstack and OMG AA lost.

Problem was, I was at like 8 BB then. Still a lot of value in stealing blinds. How do you divert conversation away from "that dude pushes with crap"?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:06 PM

Those of you who are saying that this doesn't affect your range either have to argue that the guy's average calling range hasn't changed at all (There are certainly some players who tighten up here) or admit that they're not playing to maximize profits.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those of you who are saying that this doesn't affect your range either have to argue that the guy's average calling range hasn't changed at all (There are certainly some players who tighten up here) or admit that they're not playing to maximize profits.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or that the guy's bluffing. Bluff-widening-call-range. Holy [censored], this guy just may be brilliant.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Or that the guy's bluffing. Bluff-widening-call-range. Holy [censored], this guy just may be brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, he could be bluffing. And against me, it worked. I tightened up my range and he benefited from it.

But is he really banking on me being a knowledgable player? Being a player who knows that I should tighten up if he's calling with any 2? For all he knows, I could be any other moron.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on. If some guy said this, then didn't follow through with it, he would look like a huge idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
While this might be true in a live game, it is not true on the Internet. Who gives a [censored] about looking like an idiot on the Internet? I do it all the time. Just look at some of my previous posts for proof. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Come on. If some guy said this, then didn't follow through with it, he would look like a huge idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
While this might be true in a live game, it is not true on the Internet. Who gives a [censored] about looking like an idiot on the Internet? I do it all the time. Just look at some of my previous posts for proof. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
So you guys all think that there is absolutely zero chance that his calling range has loosened up?? It's exactly the same as before?? Because if there is even a slight chance that his range has changed, you should change your pushing range.

So for all you saying that you wouldn't let it change your decision, you either:
A) Give zero credit to his threat. (and remember, zero credit is a very bold assumption)
or
B) Are not playing optimally.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:59 PM

Just make a note that he's a loose caller from the bb (and he is) and adjust. If I told you that I was only pushing aces, would you call with QQ if I shoved on the bubble? I'd look like an idiot if i had A9, right?

I can't believe you'd seriously let this alter your range.